Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Java Error on handset boot: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - Bold 9900/OS7

I'm getting this error immediately after I enter my password just once after a device reboot.

I know this is an error that is thrown by an application but my problem is I cannot determine which one. I used the device switch wizard to switch from a Bold 9700 with OS5 and a fair number of apps installed. I used app world to delete everything that was not a Research in Motion created app, rebooted, then cleanly reinstalled a subset of the 3rd party apps. The error persisted even when only RIM created software was installed.

How do I determine which application is throwing this error? I tried looking at the system log, the error is there but with no detail as to which module or app is causing it.

Funny thing is, everything seems to work OK.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Java Error on handset boot: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - Bold 9900/OS7

You are not alone with this error, same error here. Same upgrade steps, but in my case I upgraded from 9700 OS6. Anyone else with the same problem, or know of a solution? Thx.
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Java Error on handset boot: Uncaught exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError - Bold 9900/OS7

I have the same message on my Storm 9350.  I'm also having problems with fast depletion of battery...within one or two hours after being in the high range for at least 5 hours.  Also reboots even when on dock.

Regards,
Merry Me with my Black-Berry
New Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Update ... My error went away. I uninstalled all third party application (easy since I only had about 5). I then re- install these applications. One thing I noticed is that a few of these apps prompted about allowing app to use advanced features and I allowed. This settings might not have migrated correctly (in my opinion) and was the reason for the exception. One of the BB development gurus would have to confirm.
Contributor

Thanks.  Maybe also I have abused my BB.  I have too many apps.  Smiley Wink

Regards,
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: 3

I re downloaded the app world and this seemed to help with the issue for 9700 so far..

My Device: 9900
My Carrier: 010955050

i had all types of uncaught exception error messages that i have to reboot or remove the battery so i can start my bb9900 in vain , tried down grading the soft ware os7 bundle 1465 and it worked the error stopped after suffering but first do not forget to backup your data .hope it works for all of you 

Contributor

Not going to work for me.  Thank you for your advise though but I'm back in the dark ages with OS 5.  Lucky you, new Bold.

Regards,
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900
My Carrier: O2

I've got the same message. Only bought the phone yesterday so went from Bold 9700 to Bold 9900 and absolutely love it but as soon as i switched it on this message came on java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. Don't understan why tho Smiley Frustrated Every now and again it keeps coming on no matter what i do. Anyone knows whats going on?

Contributor

Naw... I gave up and got a 9900 but haven't had problems since. Google the problem; I think I found some answer there but didn't bother.
Regards,