Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Javascript issue with 8330

We've been using Nextel Blackberries until recently. We have a program written in Javascript which allows the transfer of data in the field to be placed on our server. It has worked seamlessly for two years. Part of the programing is to auto populate the form so we don't have to fill in the same things every time, only the exceptions.

We now have the new 8330 Curve v 4.3.0.172 with Verizon. We've enabled the javascript and have checked every setting with the old phones. The menus are a bit different but I've managed to locate all the options on both phones. But, when we run the program, the form loads but will not populate the form. After it loads the drop down menu for the month is there but the sustem date and time are not auto populated as before. The check boxes are present but none are pre-selected as before.

The Blackberries are on our BES server and every thing else works well.

Verizon sent me to the Blackberry developer support but I could find anything that addressed my issues, or maybe I couldn't understand the answer when I got it. 

I'm desparate for a solution, as one user will fill in over 200 of these forms per month.   

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Javascript issue with 8330

is your javascript clean ?
what happens when you ope the page in Firefox3 ?
what does the Tools >> Error console say ?

anyways, your question should be in the "Browser development" section and not the "Curve" section.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: