Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry 8900
My Carrier: Dialog Sri Lanka

Re: Jum Error 102

Hi All...

This is Dan from SL. I have a BB 8900. I also got the same problem with my mobile this afternoon. It says JUM ERROR 102 and below it, it says RESET but I cant press it or when i connect it with the computer it doesnt recognize/ or work it through it. 

How will I do it?

Anyone any idea? 

~ Dan 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

See this KB for that error.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hi,

I have a 9700 Bold and had the same error and followed the instruction as above and it works.

The only thing that is not in this manual is that, when it fails to access the device you will need to to disconnect the device while it is trying to connect and remove the battery and put it together and reconnected it and let the device restart till it is successful.

It has worked for me, so it should work for you too.

My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

When you are unable to connect to the device at all using the Desktop manager because of this error "JUM Error 102", you can use the RIM Loader Wizard to completely wipe the handheld and and reload the OP. 

I had to start the wizard with the blackberry plugged in but no battery in, then when it started on step 2, I put the battery back in and it connected to the device.

Open My Computer and navigate to the file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Loader.exe.  Plug the device into the computer. When you start the wizard, if the application does not recognize the blackberry's PIN number, then your device has to be replaced. If it does recognize the PIN, number, continue with the Next button.  it should then read your device's Applications and show them on the screen. click Next to continue. Then click the Advanced button, check both options to delete all the data and installed applications on the device.  Click Next, to continue to reloading the device's OP. 

Hope this helps. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus Mobility

Thank you for posting this!!! It solved my issue with my Blackberry Bold 9700. Does anyone know why this happens? Or how I can make sure it doesn't happen again? Smiley Happy

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile

on step #4 i got confused on # 6 plz help

My Device: bb pearl

i too have the same problem my bb pearl says jum error 102 reset and although it was working fine and is new i cant get it to do anything now  how do i fix it?

My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: James Thoirs

it says it is not connected when it is, i had my blackberry unlocked from orange to tesco would i need to get it unlocked again. thanx 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Jam97 wrote:

i had my blackberry unlocked from orange to tesco would i need to get it unlocked again.

Once unlocked, forever unlocked.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Orange

Hi, my name is Deborah. My daughter (Sasha) has the new curve 9360. Recently she has discover she can not enter her blackberry because of some sort of error. The Blackberry Device restarts and loads then instead of going to her home screen the screen goes plain white with small black writing saying error 102 with any further information please go to www.blackberry.co.uk/102 and there is nothing there that helps! Please can anyone help to fix my daughters blackberry or should she just get a new one with the warranty

Many Thanks

Debbie