06-24-2012 10:06 AM - edited 06-24-2012 10:13 AM
thanks for the link. just curious to know if the update adds FM radio and Mobile hotspot functionality to 9380. please do reply. Also kindly send the link to the os download page. i don't see the os 7.1 download for 9380 with any of the indian carriers or in the bb india site.
08-13-2012 05:37 AM
I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
09-04-2012 01:21 PM
you can use any carriers approved OS on your device
they might not support your OS, but it wont void warranty
Manual device OS upgrade instructions:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. Get DM here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."
5. This step is not needed unless there is an issue on next steps. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to step 6
6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot PC.
7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.
8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339
Enjoy the new OS.
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
10-19-2012 09:17 PM
12-09-2012 05:17 AM
I'm new to BB and got 9380 which was on 7.0 OS, recently got upgrade to the latest BB OS 7.1 it upgraded smoothly with out any issues.
Got all features of OS 7.1...!!!
Please keep posting if any new updates.