Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

VVG
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Just purchased Torch 9800....

....and am quite disappointed there's no screen protector or case available, yet, from anyone for this phone. How can this company put out a brand new phone without the required accessories?

If anyone can assist me with these issues it would be appreciated: (1)  How do I put all my icons in alphabetical order.....such as Messages, Text Messages, Contacts, Browser.  Everything's out of order.  (2)  In my previous Blackberry Curve I had an icon for "notes", I don't see it in the 9800; is it there under any other name?  (3) Is there a way to do a permanent blanket delete of all my contacts?

Thanks!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Just purchased Torch 9800....

There is a Memo Pad unter the Applications folder.  That might be what you are looking for to write down notes on.

As for alphabetizing the icons..... I don't know if there is a way to do this other than manually.  Just highlight each icon, using the roller and then hit the blackberry key, highlight move and then move the icon to where you want it to be.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

[ Edited ]

From what I understand, it was the service provider (AT&T in my case) who decided NOT to include cases/holsters with the phone, like they've done with previous models.  You can buy accessories for the Torch from AT&T, RIM, Crackberry.com, Amazon, and practically a ton of other places, including Otter cases and screen protectors, and even cradles. 

You'll need to use the DM6 to delete app data like your contacts.  In DM, go to the top menu... Device > Delete Data, and then check off contacts and whatever else you want to clear out.

You can move your icons around into whatever order you like or into another folder, but it won't automatically alphabetize them.  Try what the previous poster said, use the trackpad to move icons.  Alternatively, you can select and hold your finger on the icon for a few seconds, and a menu will pop up with options to move (rearrange), move to another folder, hide, delete, etc.

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: attn

FYI - just got 9800 a week ago. ATT store wanted $40 for holster. Go to Walmart - CaseLogic (great brand) $15.95.

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: attn

THX! Very helpful. I found this forum while googling for way to delete/stop Reuters RSS feed preloaded on 9800. Any suggestions?

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

Are you talking about the Feeds showing up in the "Social Feeds" app?  If so, launch the app, press the BB menu button to the left of the trackpad, then select "Manage RSS Feeds."  This will display a list of RSS feeds.  Highight  one of them, press the BB menu button again, and select "Unsubscribe" or "Unsubscribe all" if you'd rather do all of them at once.  The unsubscribed RSS feeds will be grayed out afterwards, but they will still be in your list in case you change your mind later.  You can then select the RSS feed and again, use the BB menu button and choose to "Delete" the feed.  This will remove it entirely.

I believe you can delete a feed without first unsubscribing it, but I haven't tried it.  I always unsubscribe first and then delete, to ensure I'm not spammed feeds later via SMS/email/text/whatever, & then not be able to unsubscribe because I've deleted the thing already.  But that's just me.

Hope this helps!

P.S. - Check your options or text message settings too.  Almost every preinstalled app was set up to send you text notices of other **bleep** going on in the other apps, like RSS feeds, facebook feeds, twitter direct messages, twitter posts, etc.  Not sure if these will drain your text msg plan but it will definitely drain your battery a lot faster.  I'd also make sure that apps like facebook, IMs, etc., don't sit idle/online/available in the background to wait for buddies or their msgs, unless you have both an unlimited plan & an extra battery/car charger. Smiley Wink

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: ATT

I called RIM but probably your service provider can tell you how to turn off the RSS feeds, I did it but was walked thought it and don't remember what they told me to do. I found it annoying also!