Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BOLD9930
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

KB24874 'Application terminated: MPTT has been denied the cross application communication permission.' is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

1st , I started having issues trying to connect to my voice mail with T-Mob. I called them, they had to re-set my voice mail and (update settings for my Blackberry to connect properly saying this would happen over a period of 4 hours). They got my voice mail up that evening. Later that week I get a notification there are apps have that have updates available, so I go to app world. Then things went from Bad to Worse - On apps I wanted to update, new ones to download and trying to check "My World", I started getting the (40760 device off line state) and another error code telling me to log in? <<See my previous posts under my name>>

Do a battery pull and when the phone comes back up I get error message 'Application terminated: MPTT has been denied the cross application communication permission.'

My phone is a unlocked Tour 9630 from Verizon and I have a monthly plan with TMobile including the data package.

After lookiong up this error code (KB24874) it leads me to beleive that there is some kind of conflict with the Verizon "push to talk" feature that is not supported by T-Mobile. This problem began when I called T-Mobile for the voice mail fix and they really have no incentive to help me since I have an unlocked phone that they did not originally sell to me........

This is a CORE app and I can't remove it.....Can I turn it off or restrict it's permissions to stop this conflict? Is there anything I can do wirelessly or a setting to change since I do not have a computer at home----- only at work?

And it states I need to contact Blackberry Technical Support to get help on this...Trying to find a way to contact Blackberry Support basically sends you here to the forums...

Oh Wise and powerful Blackberry Guru's and Experts here - Can anyone help me?

Great people show thier greatness by the way they treat little people...

I love my BOLD 9930.........Meooooow! Smiley Happy
Contributor

Re: KB24874 'Application terminated: MPTT has been denied the cross application communication permission.' is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

Hey.........Just checked the "Verizon Push to Talk" application permissions currently on the phone and Connections, interactions, and User Data are currently "DENY"   if this helps -

Contributor

Re: KB24874 'Application terminated: MPTT has been denied the cross application communication permission.' is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone

YAY!!! I fixed it! I got tothinking about those permissions and I went back to them and reset them from "deny" to "default" (which put them to "allow") and tried to access app world and it worked - everything worked!!!

MPTT is the name of the libraries in the "push to talk" app and I am guessing that it still needs to set to "allow" in permissions even though the app is not supported by TMobile.

Thanks for the forums. Even though nobody has responded, having a place to like this helped me analyze it on my own from all the posts I have searched.

Hope this helps somebody if they have the same issues one day Smiley Happy

My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I tried it on my Bold 9650 Verizon and it worked like a charm! Thanks
Kenn Sanchez