Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: KOODO Blackberry users - how satisfied are you?

[ Edited ]

I went for it because hspa is not available everywhere I drive. You need a CDMA phone. I wish it had the voip enabled though. As for service... Don't have the many dead zones I had with bell anymore. MMS would be nice, but I never did like what I saw as an inbound mms anyway. If you want to MMS, just do it over BBM or Email-- you'll be able to use full resolution too! I also like that your phone with koodo is not preloaded with all that proprietory junk that bell loads theirs with-- just to get you to buy more crud from them. So, ya, I love Koodo

However, I don't know if this is Koodo or across the board, but when I got the phone, I was able to set it from Automatic to Home Only. After changing my number, doing a *22803 option 1 (ota activation and programming), then the recommended *22803 option 2 (Update the PRL list), I lost the ability to turn it to home only. Anyone from blackberry have any insight in getting it back??  I even tried a reinstall on the firm ware as well-- no dice...

thank you

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530 EVDO

Not happy at all, my daughters phone has been freezing off and on since we purchased it January 2011, now if she takes a picture it doesn't show up in the album until she takes out the battery and puts it back in, also getting random white screen that also requires the battery out and back in fix.  I purchased it from Future Shop with the insurance and still they won't do anything for us just get told there is a software update.  Very frustrating, I had a Blackberry Pearl that worked fine but this experience had led me to wonder if Blackberry quality is going down hill fast so am probably going to go with HTC as I'm due for an upgrade.  It seems unfair when you purchase the phone with the software and are then told sorry it's not working reliably you just have to wait..... Any suggestions other than waiting for the update?

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Ive had mine for about 3-4 months now and I love it., mind you this is my second blackberry (previous was pearl 8100 or w/e).

The only thing I hate is that I bought the 'Unlimited Text & PIctures' but i dont get text to text pictures (MMS) ... UNLESS i upgrade from my $10 Blackberry Social to the $25 Blackberry Connect plan.

Its bull****

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300

Hi,
My friend has the same phone and has been having the same issues. I never have, so I think it has something to do with what is download on the phone.
Try not rebooting, but reinstalling the whole software on the phone and delete apps that are never used.

Here is how to reinstall software over Blackberry Desktop Software (PC)

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Device-software-for-BlackBerry/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-S...

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8530 EVDO

Exactly what I thought since her friends have the same phone and don't have the same issues, turned out we had no tab left so just traded it for the newer edition, hopefully we didn't get another lemon.  I know it was enough to make me decide to switch to HTC.....  Thanks for the suggestions Cheers!