Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Karspersky icon not show

Hi, I recently download the trial of Kaspersky Mobil 9 for my Torch, and after installing and restarting the mobile I don't find the kaspersky app icon, and looks like if I did not installed it, but I did, and says that was installed successfully. I did it two times and still I don't see the icon. 

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Karspersky icon not show

below the clock to the right is a magnifine glass. tap that and type the apps name and if its on the phone it should show you the shortcut. then press and hold it for 4 seconds if you want to save it to faves.

Contributor

I did, but it did not appear.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9800 Torch / Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

To check if 100% if it has been installed.

Go to Menu>Options>Device>Application Management

Under Applications (All) list scroll down and look for the application within the list of applications you have on your phone or search it. (recommed to try both ways)

If it isn't listed then it hasn't installed even though your torch has said it has. If so Try install a free app off app world and see if that install properly and you can access it - this step will determine if its a problem with your Torch or just the actual application.

Otherwise try simple things like check OS requirements / compatibility for the application in question. Sorry I don't mean to sound patronising but even sometimes I overlook the basic stuff when things don't work for me.

Regards

Hiren

Contributor

Hi again, I did it as you said and nothing. Unfortunately the Kaspersky mobil security it is not on the app world I download it from their webpage http://www.kaspersky.com/mobile_security_trial?chapter=207717656 and when you select your phone brand like blackberry it does not says the version require as the others. 

Regards

Johnny.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Some programs do not have standard icons Icons, you can see and select them in the application switcher only.

Also it may be hidden, press the menu key and select "show all" then check your down load folder and application folder, first and then all other folders.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

thanks Bifocals, I did it and nothing. 

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

You checked that the application is installed as Hiren suggested and you can't locate the Icon using menu "show hidden. Try a battery pull as listed below last stop is re registering the device and getting

service books resent. After that I'd  call Kapersky support.

Thanks,

Bifocals

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed

If that doesn't work : Reregister the device and resend service books;
Go to options advanced options, Host Routing Tables, click to enter. DO NOT click on any listing.
Press menu key, and select register now.
You will get a verification message and then confirmation messages for each email.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter