Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT
Accepted Solution

Keep getting error during Calendar sync

Phone: Torch 9810

Computer: MacBook Pro

BB Desktop: 2.40

Hi,

I've used a BB for quite some time always sync to my Calandar (iCal).  Usually when I install an update to the BB desktop, the phone does not sync as well initially.  Then it tends to work itself out.  So, I kind of hate when the updates come out for this reason.

Recently, I updated to the reccomended version 2.40. If I sync everything together I get an error message (see below). I can sync everything fine except the Calander, if I sync the other stuff first by themselves, i.e. Notes, Contacts, Tasks.  

Then I sync the Calander.   It actually partially syncs the material but tends to leave out the newest data.  It does show that the phone synced, but the sync never fully completes.  I continue to get this message: "An error was encountered while syncing ZERO. Please retry the sync."  I've never seen this error message. And, I've seen A LOT of error messages through the years while syncing.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions on what I can do to solve this issue.  

Thanks,

Don

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Keep getting error during Calendar sync

Hey dgensler,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest performing the following to get the sync working:

1. In BlackBerry® Desktop Software for Mac go to Device>Forget Data.

2. Close down BlackBerry Desktop Software and unplug the BlackBerry® Torch™ 9810 smartphone from the USB.

3. Plug it back in and open up BlackBerry Desktop Software and then setup the synchronization again and test.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9810
My Carrier: ATT

Thanks! Suggestion worked great.  Instead of Device>Forget Data, the control was Device>Clear Data.  After clearing data and unplugging, phone synced without error on the second try of this remedy.  Many thanks for the assistance!

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

That's great to hear.

Let me know if you have any more questions Smiley Happy

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Verizon

Forget Data erases the data on the device (or at least claims it will). Since that's the only place my data exists, on the blackberry that is, I need to sync it first or I'll be left with nothing! I tried to forget the device, quit and relaunched the desktop software, reintroduced the blackberry and now the software see the device but won't let me sync anything. with it, the only choice is don't sync. for Calendar, Contacts, Notes, and Tasks. Oddly I could enable syncing for music, maybe because I didn't enable it before. Also I now have to force quit the desktop software every time, since it hangs when quiting.

BB 9900 / OS 7.0

Desktop for Mac 2.4.0 (Installed for the first time today)

iMac / OS 10.6.8