Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: virgin media

Keep recieving old emails

Old emails keep coming through to my Blackberry device, like 25-30 at a time that are weeks/a month old. They dont come through to the account if i look at it on my computer, just go to my Blackberry

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Keep recieving old emails

Hello,

Typically, that happens when something has changed at your email service provider. BIS uses a particular flag on each email to decide if it is "new"...and, of so, it pushed it to your BB. If, on your email server, something changes that "new" flag, BIS will dutifully push it again to your BB. So, I suggest that you talk to your email service provider support and find out if something odd is going on with your email account.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Treo 700w
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: Keep recieving old emails

Hi !!!

Its a common prob encounter by many BB users around the world of this happening with gmail to Blackberries. The usual fix was to go to Blackberry Internet Service via your operator, delete the account you are getting gyp from, leave it for a while [say an hour] and then set the account back up.

Also my gmail account started doing that over the weekend all i did was went into bis and deleted my gmail account left it for about an hour and reset the account back up and for me problem was cured.

However this link has a quite good explanation of what is happening and how to fix without deleting.

http://is.gd/njWpJg

Hope you like my post. Regards,

Ritchie.

SMS Marketing

www.txt2get.com