Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Keeps rebooting

Hard reset, if you are running a lot of third party apps delete them and add them one at a time to check for stability.

My Storm also reboots about three times a day.  Usually happens when I get a sms message or email.  It seems to turn off and then about a minute later it will reboot.  Extremely annoying, have had to remove the SIM PIN number so it just boots back up on it's own otherwise, it sits in your pocket and reboots itself then you realise it is actually waiting for PIN number before switching on and nobody can call you.

I am running software version: v4.7.0.78

New Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Reboots at least once per day. On my second phone and having the same problem.  Do others have the VZ navigator?  Also got a message whether to allow SMS wakeup?  Any connection between these to the reboot problem anyone know about?
New Contributor

I was at the Verizon store today and they told me that Blackberry is coming out with a software release in February that is supposed to fix the reboot problem.  Guess I will just wait and see what happens.

Same here. got a replacement. didn't help. Most of them does that since the .75 os was installed. trying to type something and just turns off. Of course it takes forever to come back. Wanted to crash this thing because of that. otherwise love it. I hope the new OS will solve the problem.

Yeah. We have to wait. You should be able to run third party applications without a problem. I didn't have a problem on my previous BB. It's a software issue. Nothing else. You can wipe your handheld as many times you want. The problem won't go away. 
Visitor

I have this issue.

It's not apps, as I've removed any that did not come from the phone.

It's not messages coming in, as it happens any time.

It's not low reception, as it happens when I have full bars.

It's not battery or charging, as it happens any and all times.

It's not giving error messages, or even warnings, in the event log when it happens.
It's nothing I'm doing as I only notice it when it's on a desk or table and hadn't been touched in a while.

And, occasionally, it will spend 5 minutes straight simply booting and rebooting as I watch it.

I don't expect an OS fix to come for it. Only a few of us have it, making it seem like a hardware glitch. If it was software everyone would have it.

Bottom line is this unit is going back. These perpetual reboots are too much. I notice at least 3 every single day. I'd guess there are far more going unnoticed. This is a business phone; I can't risk losing a call because my stupid phone is rebooting.

Contributor

I was gooing to try to reboot but i am getting a message at the end that says enter "blackberry" ..  .  I hate this phone.  Now the ringers that came with this phone stopped working.
New Contributor

Greetings,

I have been reluctant to upgrade to the .76 OS, as .75 is still installed in my Storm.  I have had the rebooting problem, however not nearly as often as others are stating.  My Storm reboots maybe once or twice every two weeks or so.

I'm also experiencing numerous display-related glitches, such as the screen locking up when I rotate the unit to type an SMS message, etc. etc.

Appreciate all the assistance from you guys.

Regards,

Steve

New Contributor

I ended up returning my Storm. Too many issues with it!