Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile UK

Re: Keyboard lock won't unlock

I agree - and I have exactly same issue. Did anyone find a solution to this?

My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: at&t

[ Edited ]

I've also had my backberry torch for about 5 months. The unlock/lock key at the top left, worked just fine. Until last night which was August 16th. I plugged my phone to charge then went to sleep. The next morning my phone went off from a text. I go to click the unlock button. Nothing happens, so I slide it up and it unlocks. Then I go to check my messages and it just starts to auto open ever message I've got. So i hard boot the phone. same thing happens again. The phone will not unlock via unlock/lock button. it will only lock/unlock via slidding upwards. which I do not like and I can not figure out how to fix this <Removed word> problem.......

[Edited Post- Removed word for filter]

My Device: Touchscreen
My Carrier: Telstra

My blackberry is locked for the use of characters but is OK for numbers. And I can't unlock it. What do I do?

G.D.

My Device: curve - 8520
My Carrier: mtn

OMG! I'm having this exact problem now... what did you do to resolve it? It's fokken annoying. Jo.

My Device: curve - 8520
My Carrier: mtn

My problem is with the stupid curve 8520. I know the phone is on as I can hear messages and see phonecalls but I'm unable to answer or unlock at all. When I plug into a power supply, I see the clock but then I'm unable to do anything. I have tried pressing the A key simultaneously pressing the green answer key and still nothing. It's so frustrating. 

My Device: the crappy one....
My Carrier: t mobile

that was the trick....   that button is so innocuous that I would have to declare it a blazing design flaw.  here are my points.

1.  it took looking at 8 different results of searches on the net to even find the correct answer

2.  there seems to be a huge number of people stuck with the same issue.

3.  this "button" is unlike all of the other buttons in the fact that it isn’t a button but a movable distortion of the outer case!  WHAT?

4.  Because this "button" allows for the seal to allow contaminants into yet another spot because it pushes the case outward a little bit

5.  Contaminants could conceivably get in there and wedge between the case and the internal button mechanism keeping the button depressed and the phone unlock able

my suggestion is to take the designer and banish that person from all future positions that involve design and ergonomics!

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Contaminants? What are you doing, opening your BlackBerry up and transporting diseases?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 9360
My Carrier: BB

I know exactly what you mean - taking the battery out was a pain, but so is taking off the protective cover, which of itself begs the question - if the cover is on, how did I manage to activate the lock in the first place? I like the phone, but it does try my patience at times.

Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

george19a wrote:

I know exactly what you mean - taking the battery out was a pain, but so is taking off the protective cover, which of itself begs the question - if the cover is on, how did I manage to activate the lock in the first place? I like the phone, but it does try my patience at times.

I don't know what protective cover you speak of, you haven't said.

What kind is it?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: CURVE 9360
My Carrier: BB

[ Edited ]

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

It has the hole for the jack plug, but the keylock motif that sits next to it is completely covered and impossible to press whilst the cover is on. Hence not sure what activates the lock as it only appears very rarely. In truth I was cleaning the screen & keyboard at the point of activation and it makes me wonder if some key combination can also activate the lock.