Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: bold 9750
My Carrier: o2 uk

Keyboard not working with sim card in.

Hi,

I have an 8520 curve and last night suddenly the keyboard stopped working.

the phone is locked and is asking me to enter my password, less then half the buttons work, and therfore I cant enter my password.

However, when I remove the sim card and boot up the phone, it works fine, so its not a physical problem, its something to do with either the software or the simcard.

Has anyone ever had this problem, and has anyone got any surgestions on how i should precede.

Thanks in advance

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 1

Re: Keyboard not working with sim card in.

I have the same problem, half of my keyboard doesn't work so I can't get in to my phone. I have tried deleting and re-installing everything, but it doesn't seem to work.

Anyone?

Highlighted
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Cell C

Has anyone found a way to fix the problem yet? My keypad has been doing the same for a week now, please help!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

Identical problem here too! Will continue looking for a solution whilst looking for a new phone. Incidentally I have tried reloading software several times. Each time the keyboard resumes normal function without the presence of sim card, but whenever the sim is inserted certain keys cease to function, so can't enter password.