Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Keyboard won't go away!

I have often noticed that with some applications (for me, it's happened with reQall and some alarm application):
  • The SureType keyboard appears
  • The application is shrunk to half the screen
  • The touchscreen is only slightly responsive
  • The keyboard will NOT disappear and there is no option in the menu to hide it
  • In some cases, the app doesn't function

Anybody else find this? I've tried deleting and reinstalling all the apps, but nothing seems to help.

I REALLY depend on reQall, so any help would really be appreciated!
Developer

Re: Keyboard won't go away!

Hello,

that is an indication that the apps are not yet supported on the Storm. They are compiled for OS < 4.7. Please contact the developers of the apps to provide a fix (it should not be too big of a deal).

If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

I don't think this is necessarily true - all these apps that I'm mentioning have stated their compatibility with the Storm.  Plus, reQall started out working well (taking up full screen, responding well, etc.) but now has reverted to the "broken" view.

Again, any help is appreciated!

Developer

Please contact them http://www.reqall.com/about/contact to find that out.
If your question was answered, please accept it as a sollution and / or give Kudos ;-)

Have you tried to simply slide the keyboard out of the way. If you place your finger on the screen at the top of the keyboard and quickly slide your finger to the lower part of the keyboard it should diasppear. The opposite is true to display the keyboard, touch the bottom portion of the screen and slide halfway up, the keyboard will appear.

It is a bit quirky, the entire sensitivity is a bit quirky and takes some getting used to. Although the "click" sensation is kinda cool, iPhone has the touch sensitive screen control all over Storm.

Contributor

I am running into this as well with two of the non-BB apps I've installed (Aces Solitaire Pack and Mobiola Webcam).  Both claim to be Storm versions, etc.

Help?

Developer
My Device: You wish.

Not sure if this has been tried but the following KB article helps with applications that are not fully compatible with Storm yet:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB16225&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Note that it forces the use of the portrait mode and SureType keyboard.

Contributor

Actually, that seems to be what is happening - the apps are stuck in Portrait mode and don't accept the various touch hotspots they should.  You CAN slide around & click as the article describes, but that is a useless substitute the way the apps are intended to work.

Something worth checking on, however, maybe I can turn compatibility mode off....

New Contributor

i have the same problem with Worldmate Live - even though WorldMate Live have a version for the 9500 to download!

New Contributor

Exactly, this was the basis of my earlier complaint...all the apps that I mention above are specifically advertised as being supported by the Storm, and they still won't work!

declanmillar wrote:

i have the same problem with Worldmate Live - even though WorldMate Live have a version for the 9500 to download!