Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Keypad and Trackpad not working!!!

[ Edited ]

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520 and just yesterday my "enter" button stopped working and the pick-up of Blackberry Keys were really poor; for example: If I wanted to type "hello" my Blackberry would type "Hllo" or something weird if I type fast. However, if I type super slow then it comes up fine, but obviously I don't want to type super slow. I've had this problem before but after a couple of reboots it goes back to normal. So I tried rebooting it by taking out the battery and putting it back in, still nothing. I tried this 3-4 times until I got to the point where NO keys or the trackpad work whatsoever! I try typing in my password but nothing happens. I put my Blackberry on charge and the Blackberry Clock comes up, but if I remove the charger, the clock obviously goes away and my main screen comes up but the screen gradually goes black. I know that my phone is turned on and it is not frozen because I am receiving e-mails and Blackberry Messenger Pings etc.
HOW DO I FIX THIS? PLEASE HELP! ASAP!!! 

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Keypad and Trackpad not working!!!

Hello G-Star,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

The following article may help regarding the issue you are experiencing with the trackpad on your

BlackBerry® Curve™ 8520 smartphone:

Trackpad, trackball, or keyboard not working on a BlackBerry Smartphone - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29640

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Keypad and Trackpad not working!!!

Hi

For the solutions you seem to need the trackpad working...is there a way around that I can naviagte without the trackpad?/

Phill