Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Digicel

Keypad malfunction on Curve 9320: keys type 2 letters at the same time

A few days ago my BB keypad started to have issues. Certain letters just would not type, for example, c, e,r, t, s, g etc. I did a battery pull and that resulted in the keys now pairing up. So if i pressed the letter c, zc would type, or if i press s, sg would come and vice versa for both. My caps lock keys brings the letters F and P and there are a host of other issues with the keypad now.

I attempted to update the software but there no updates outstandng.

Is there a way to test the keyboard's functionality? Currently it's not listed as a test option under Device Self Test..

Anyway you can assist woul dbe greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Keypad malfunction on Curve 9320: keys type 2 letters at the same time

michdakiss wrote:

A few days ago my BB keypad started to have issues. Certain letters just would not type, for example, c, e,r, t, s, g etc. I did a battery pull and that resulted in the keys now pairing up. So if i pressed the letter c, zc would type, or if i press s, sg would come and vice versa for both. My caps lock keys brings the letters F and P and there are a host of other issues with the keypad now.

Hello micchdakiss

Sounds like you had moisture intrusion or can you confirm if your BlackBerry ever got wet ? 

michdakiss wrote:

Is there a way to test the keyboard's functionality? Currently it's not listed as a test option under Device Self Test..

Try this Knowledge Base :

KB16037  : Using the Self Test application on the BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9320
My Carrier: Digicel

On the day it started to malFunction,I must admit that my hands were wet while I was pInging... I supPOse u r right about the moisture issue... How can solve that problem now?
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi michdakiss

If our BlackBerry ever got wet then we should not try to Turn it ON to see if it works . Should immediately remove the Battery , also SIM  and Media Card. We should place it in a bag of Uncooked rice which absorb the moisture . Should leave it for atleast 3 to 4 days unless we are sure that moisture has been completely absorbed . Then we should place our BlackBerry on any heat emitting surface like stabilizer ,CRT monitor etc  Or in the dashboard of a car on a sunny day. Before inserting the battery we should be sure that it is completely dry.

Have you done this after your device got wet ?

Still after following those steps it is not guarantied that our device will be trouble free and will perform as earlier , because when moisture or any liquid substance enter our BlackBerry  it starts corrosion which leads to problem like quick battery drainage , problem in typing and many more .

In all condition we should try to avoid our BlackBerry from any moisture intrusion or any liquid , liquid or moisture is the worst enemy of our BlackBerry or any electronic devices. 

michdakiss wrote :

I attempted to update the software but there no updates outstandng

If no updates are available then can Reload the same OS . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.