01-06-2010 09:54 AM
Some of the keys and buttons on my blackberry is not producing the right action when pressed. For example when I press the back button, instead of going back it types b and when pressing the space bar, instead of making a space it types nm.
I have taking the battery out and put it back in and also wiped my handheld but the problem is still there. Please help
01-06-2010 10:51 AM
It sounds like what I have seen multiple times on a device with moisture damage.
Even sitting on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath can cause keyboard and trackball problems UNTIL properly dried out.
It really is more common than you think.
1. Remove the battery immediately!! Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry.
2. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)
3. DO NOT "check it each day" by placing the battery in. Leave it be to dry completely. This takes time. Replacing the battery to check it can only damage it more (moisture + electrical current = disaster).
3. If the device is warm after the drying period, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing the battery back in.
*Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):
- Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.
- On top of any dry heat emitting electronic component: TV cabinet or CRT, LCD, cable TV/Satellite converter box or plasma monitor
- On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code