Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: TSTT

Keypad problems on Curve 8520

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem with my Curve 8520. The E button was giving alot of trouble till it finally stopped working...i figure i can just change the keypad and that problem will be fixed. However, along with that problem came another. When my phone times-out and the screen goes dark, a couple minutes later,if i want to get back into the phone, i cant just click any button for the light to screen to come back, i literally have to press and hold down a key for the screen to come back on. Also, it happens sometimes when i take a call...i cant just press "answer", sometimes (rarely) i have to press and hold the answer key for it to answer the call. Can anyone help. Cant run a diagnostic test since the "E" button isnt working, I cant type "test"

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Keypad problems on Curve 8520

Hi

The Blackberry is designed to be reset by removing the battery whilst the device is powered-on. Leave the battery out for a minute or 2.

See if that resolves the problem.

If not, the keyboard may benefit from a clean

http://dannedelko.com/blackberry/how-to-clean-your-blackberry-curve-keyboard.html

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor

hi i knw this is late. thanks for the advice. I actually had to replace a part in the phone...but now i knw how to clean it wen a part doesnt need replacing...thanks a lot.

My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I am having exactly the same problem you were my letter o does not work at all I was wondering if you could tell me what did you have to replace for the phone to work correctly?

Thanks Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Hi...

I researched the name, and I believe its the Keypad Membrane Sticker. There were water marks on it showing that it got wet somehow, but it never actually did. So I assume sweat and things like walking in rain might have caused this to happen. It works fine now, I sold it to a friend after I got a new one and she's fine with it, no problems as far as I know...hope all works well with yours.