Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Globe

Keypad won't work properly on 'A'

I need help about my keyboard. i'm using a curve 8520 on 0S5.

My letter 'A' in the keyboard suddenly won't work properly.. Just a soft touch and it would appear automatically... in Uppercase. Because of this, i am having a hard time when typing. i copy paste the lower case 'a' so typing would be easy.

Also, since the 'lock' is also in that key, my phone would always lock automatically and with that... my phone seems to go 'off' and i would have to longpress any key so it would come alive again.

i tried the application clean-up thing in the desktop manager as @BlackberryHelp tweeted me when i asked them about this but still there are no changes.. i also tried putting a tissue in the back of the metal plate thing. i am so worried coz i just got this phone 3 months ago. Please help me about this! Thank you so much.

My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Keypad won't work properly on 'A'

Me and my fiancé both have Curve 8520's and we've both got the same problem!  I think it is a production fault.  Maybe we should try to get more people with the same problem to write to BlackBerry.  @ famousclout, could you please let me know if you get assistance from someone?  My BBM pin is 224343D1. Thanks

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Maybe your Keypad Membrane not working

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

Hi

I have a curve 8520 and since this morning I have not been able to use my A key and the phone is locking up and taking ages to unlock Also it is freezing when using apps like facebook, I have pulled the battery several times to no avail :****( 

Hope its something fixable !

ok i got your pin!

Hi yeah i'll have this checked to a technician. Thanks so much

Locking because we're having a problem with the A key where the locking shortcut is! Smiley Sad
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: T-mobile

I also had this problem but when I pressed it hard it started working again but now I have the same problem with the back space and the 'r' won't work at all! Instead, when I type 'r' a 'y' comes up! Anyone know what to do? I can't type my password in as I need an 'r' Thanks
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Etisalat

hello, how have you fixed your problem,all of a sudden my letter "a" where the "*" symbol . im unable to unlock my phone . pls advise
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Etisalat

i managed to unlock my phone by keeping power on, remove battery and presto its unlocked. problem is stil letter "a" in keypad is not working Smiley Sad can anyone suggest how to fix it instead of going to a technician?