Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodacon

Keys on Blackberry 9300 not working

My blackberry's keys are not responding, this includes the QWERTY keys, the touch pad, the call pick up button, in short all the keys. Whenever a call comes in, the screen goes white and it rings out but I am unable to pick it because the keys are not working.

I have done a reset and also reinstalled the OS which is version 5.0. My carrier is Vodacom in Tanzania. Kindly assist if there is anything I can do to fix it

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: Keys on Blackberry 9300 not working

While the BB is turned on, remove the battery and leave it out for a couple of minutes, not the 20 secs sometimes suggested. If the components time to cool.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor

Thanks a lot, I have done that, in fact i removed the battery for 1 hour, but the problem still exist, do you have any other ideas

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Hhhmm.

Check again the OS - Menu > Options > Status and about the third line down it says the OS like v5:12:34:56, let us know exactly what yours says.

How did you do the installation of the OS? Did you use the computer or just the BB?

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor

I used computer to reinstall the OS, unfortuntely my keys are not working so i can't check the OS version from the BB

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

Have similar problem, all my keys are working except the main navigation button in the middle, can't access the blackberry at all, I have switched on and off several times, left the battery out for a whole night, nothing helps, I can enter my pin to get onto the blackberry, but cannot read any BBM messages or sms, or emails what ever.

Any advice would be helpfull.

My Carrier: Malaysia

i also have similar problem...please help me too...
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: giffgaff

bb curve 9300 all keys and scroller are not wrking at all have already removed battery and tried again but nothing really need some help even trired to update it and sync it to my pc but nothing has worked at all its become really annoying someone please help

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

waleedkashmiri wrote:

bb curve 9300 all keys and scroller are not wrking at all have already removed battery and tried again but nothing really need some help even trired to update it and sync it to my pc but nothing has worked at all its become really annoying someone please help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, see what happens.

If the behavior ceases, then think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

But if the behavior continues in Safe Mode, then you may need to consider more drastic actions -- WIPE, OS Reload, BBSAK Wipe/Reload, and the "Bare Bones" OS Reload Process. To prepare, you should be sure that you have a full backup to your PC...please review the Backup link in my auto-sig on this post for instructions.

You may also need the use of these tricks:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................