03-27-2013 04:01 PM
Dear Blackberry Staff,
I have a BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 (7.1 Bundle 2018). Earlier I had tried to update my BLACKBERRY Software of my device from home but an error occured and I could not update it succesfully. I decided to take it to the Blackberry authorised service center in Kolkata,India and he updated my BLACKBERRY software for me.
But I want to add another language to my BLACKBERRY device.
I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3 and my BLACKBERRY DESKTOP SOFTWARE version is 7.1. According to this post http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2010/10/how-to-inst
I have attached screenshots for your reference.
I am awaiting your reply.
03-27-2013 06:43 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Community (btw...this is a user-to-user community, not a formal BlackBerry support channel),
Please start here:
The problem your images indicate is that your PC does not have available to it the BB OS package necessary to provide anything from the core OS, much less any languages. So, the simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):
1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages
2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed
3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:
4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:
5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.
Don't forget to backup.
Good luck and let us know!