Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: MTN

Re: LATEST DESKTOP MANAGER FOR MAC DOES NOT WORK!!!

I have no idea how to recover the contacts. Unfortunately, the first time you plug in your bb into your mac, it will say as that you should replace all the data on the device with the data on your mac, which I assume is no data at all. You should have requested that it merge the data.

Sorry I couldn't be more help

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I cannot even get the .dmg to expand and load on my iMac. What's with the coders working with Apple and Blackberry? Someone must be able to get it write! That is what they are getting paid for, Very frustrating!

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Proximus

Work on mac for 10 + years ....  

I have a BB Torch since it came out and I tried making that update the BB managers keeps proposing ... but it keeps saying the back up doesn't work .... ? so no back ups of my phone ... for more than a year .... this weekend on top of it ... I download a new theme app !!! ( I tempted an app download wow !!!) ... and it blocked completely ... so I had to do something like a clean install which happily worked through BB manager ... making all my contacts in my addressbook double ... mmmm .... I must say thats what I was waiting for ... more trouble which I didn't ask for ... I can go and delete 750 contacts one by one ... 

Indeed very frustrating ...

same with the management off wifi at home ... if you put off the carrier's connection the updating of apps doest work through wifi  ...so whats the need for making a wifi connection ??

my goodness ... there's some work to do ... 

I'm close to move on to the new Iphone ... its not that were asking for a new world order ... 

is there's someone busy fixing those problems at RIM ?

but hey ... I still hooked on the touchkeys ... thats in the first place the reason why I like BB ... but please make the experience better ... you are loosing clients that actually dont want to change to another phone ... 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Starhub

lancejackson wrote:

You would think that after a few years of working on this program for the Mac they could get it right. RIM is after all one of the most technologically advanced companies in the world with more resources available than most governments.

They're probably not getting any cooperation from Apple because of the iPhone which seems to be kicking their butt.

@lancejackson, regarding not getting any help from Apple - I highly doubt that's the case. There are a few 3rd party sync software options that work very well with Blackberry (such as PocketMac) so the expertise/skills is there and the capability in the APIs/Software is there. Its just that RIM has VERY OBVIOUS PROBLEMS with their Mac development team. I don't know the company or the people involved so I will reserve judgement but the end results after years of R&D and development spells it plain and simple; they need to put some budget aside and focus on the Mac development effort. Heck, they could just go out and buy PocketMac and probably fix a huge number of outstanding functionality/bugs that has been there since day 1!