Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Style 9670
My Carrier: Boostmobile

LCD screen became dim, was going blank intermittently, and now doesn't illuminate at all

[ Edited ]

The inner LCD screen on my Style 9670 progressively became very dim to the point that it was no longer legible at all with the exception of the small green illuminating lights located in the bottom of the screen. At this time my neither my inner or outer LCD screens illuminate at all, nor will my phone power up at all either.  I should also note that when the inner LCD screen was legible, it would sometimes go completely blank when I was writing an email message and the only way I could get what I was writing to reappear by flipping the phone shut and opening it back up again.  However, the inner LCD screen would often become blank once I started typing again. 

So far, I have removed the battery to reset the phone and have also replaced the battery will a new one that is fully charged.  However, nothing on the phone will illuminate or power-on even when the phone is plugged into a charger.  

Based on the symptoms I have described, do any of you believe my problem might be a bad hinge flex cable ribbon, a bad top flip flex cable ribbon, or does this sound like it might be something else?

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: LCD screen became dim, was going blank intermittently, and now doesn't illuminate at all

Hello madcityguy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with your screen display on your BlackBerry Style 9670 smartphone.

Please backup and complete a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB11320

If this process fails to resolve the issue, please contact your point of sale for options.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!