Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LED notification / coverage blink wont return.

[ Edited ]
If I put my phone on charge with it set to bedside mode and the service coverage light option set to off upon removing it from the charging cradle the phone exits bedside mode but the green LED does not start blinking until you either make or recieve a call or turn the radio off and on again.  The radio is NOT set to be off in bedside mode and all other aspects of the phone work including txt and data.
Message Edited by deviant1966 on 12-16-2008 12:55 PM
Message Edited by deviant1966 on 12-16-2008 01:43 PM
Message Edited by deviant1966 on 12-16-2008 01:44 PM
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: LED notification / coverage blink wont return.

Hi Devian, can you explain the problem a little more, i can't believe that nobody answer your question.

For example, i never see the green light blinking on my phone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Just tested my BB (I don't use the coverage indicator). In bedside mode with the coverage indicator off,

mine did not start to flash until I cleared the clock and hit the messages button.

When you remove yours next, please go to connections and check to see if in fact your connections are off.

You can go to mobile data services and press menu key and run the diagnostic test.

Thanks

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks   

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor

OK ,I dont disable the radio in bedside mode. I just set "dim screen" and "notification light off".

So when you come out of bedside mode the screen returns to normal and the green LED should start to blink again but it deos not.

The only way to get the LED blinking again is to go to manage connections and turn the radio off then on again.

Regular Contributor

OK, I dont disable the radio in bedside mode. I just set "dim screen" and "notification light off".

So when you come out of bedside mode the screen returns to normal and the green LED should start to blink again but it deos not.

The only way to get the LED blinking again is to go to manage connections and turn the radio off then on again.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Just to be clear, I did exactly as you did. I may not have been clear on the setup.

Good Luck!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Regular Contributor

Hi, connections are ON, the LED will start to blink again as soon as you recieve a call or msg.... but not until this happens, unless you turn the radio off then on again.

In short, when you come out of bedside mode the LED will not just start to blink again on its own.

If you DID set the radio to be off in bedside mode then as you come out of this mode the radio comes back on again on its own and so does the LED.