Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LOCKING UP and random dialing

[ Edited ]

Ok, so here's the problem with my Verizon 8330 Curve. Just recently the phone's been acting up but I think it's finally hit the last straw. I've only had it since JULY. Now, every time I turn it on, it freezes up. Locks up. I've done multiple Soft Resets, and Battery pulls and nothing. I can access the menu, butit does boot up. Here's the problem I can scroll through my shortcuts but can't select them. Then here's the worse part. It starts randomly entering #*#*#*####**#* at random intervals and no pattern.

PLEASE HELP! What's going on? and how can I fix it?

EDIT: I forgot, de to it not responding I can't make calls or texts. Incoming tects can't be read and I hit Answer to pick up incoming calls, but it won't pick up the call.

Message Edited by HelsinkiValo on 09-27-2008 10:31 PM
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: LOCKING UP and random dialing

It sounds like the device got wet or got some moisture in the keyboard.  It likely needs to dry out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

If you just got the phone in July then it still should be covered under warranty assuming you have proof of purchase and you bought it new at a store rather than used from ebay or something like that. UNLESS you got it wet. Water damage is not covered under any warranty that I know of.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!

I've started experiencing the EXACT same problem with my 8310 recently.

Problem started with not being able to select anything, then the bb just started selecting things on its own.  It keeps creating new draft emails (I had a list of over 100 before I had to yank the battery).  It actually sent out some blank emails on its own.  It appears as though its just making random selections.

The problem went away after not using the phone for a few days but has since resurfaced.

Going to take it in for repairs/replacement.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well the phone starting working again, but would act up a short random intervals. Just came back from the Verizon store and they "couldn't do anything about it" because it was working perfectly fine. Well, they told me to come back when it did act up or to call tech support. Not much help there. If it happens again I'm takig it back to the same guy and if it works when I'm in the store, I don't care, I'm not leaving without a new Curve. Tha's B.S. How do they expect it to act up only when you're there. Ah, Sorry, just venting.