Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

LOST APPS

I upgraded my Blackberry Torch 9800 yesterday and lost all my applications. Please how do I restore my APS without having to buy them again. There were quite a number too and not inexpensive.

Please help.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: LOST APPS

What process did you use to upgrade your device?

You will most likely have to reinstall most, if not all of the apps, however if you have the registration codes for them, you needn't have to purchase them again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

I upgraded using the BB PC software. Registration codes? Where might I find those? Am afraid I don't have them. Is there any other way?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Hm.  That should've backed up your apps and reloaded them with the new OS.

Only thing I can think of is to do a search on your PC for files with the .ipd extension, then one that has "Loader" in the description with the date you did the update.  If you find something, you can use the following instructions to hopefully load back your apps.  

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10339

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

Have given up. Will have to buy the Apps again eventually. Thanks.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

If you bought from reputable sellers, you should not have to pay again. For instance, if you bought from AppWorld, it maintains record of your purchases for exactly this reason...and does not require paying again (yes, you will find posts where folks have been charged a second time...but those are error situations, not in accordance with the design of the AW system).

Also, I normally recommend against any attempt to back up and restore apps themselves...I always recommend re-installing apps fresh after any OS update...just to be sure that things are installed correctly and do not become corrupt.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2

I have the same problem. I had to replace my torch and backed up what I thought was everything on the phone, only to find the apps havent been backed up. Why does this not happen? it does with other types of phones. Now I have to buy the apps again but every time I try and buy an app it tells me there is a system error.

any idea why??

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

sezzy83 wrote:

I have the same problem. I had to replace my torch and backed up what I thought was everything on the phone, only to find the apps havent been backed up. Why does this not happen? it does with other types of phones. Now I have to buy the apps again but every time I try and buy an app it tells me there is a system error.

any idea why??

Hello,

Please re-read the post immediately above yours...IMHO, backup/restore of apps is actually a bad thing, as it has no way to properly ensure the app version is compatible with the OS that one perhaps updates to. Further, restoring an app is "sloppier" than installing fresh since the install conducts processes to check/install/remove things while a restore would simply put things back from where they came, which may or may not even be correct depending on the situation. But, that whole discussion is actually moot...the standard backup/restore process does not handle apps.

As for having to pay again, as I said above, you should not have to from a reputable seller. But, since you've not revealed the seller you bought from nor anything more than "system error", it's pretty much impossible to give you more guidance. If it's AppWorld, it would be highly unusual to have to pay again as that's specifically something that AppWorld and BB ID are intended to facilitate. If, however, it's some other app vendor, well then you need to talk to them. Further, that "system error" message you provided sounds to be incomplete...please provide the complete and exact error message, including all punctuation, error codes, etc. Then perhaps we can better understand what is going on and hopefully provide you useful guidance.

Good luck and let us know!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: O2

the exact message is: there is a system error. Please try again later. Error Id: 579024. This has happened for more than 1 app that I have tried to buy

Hall of Famer III

You neglected to reveal the app vendor you are using. AppWorld? GetJar? BPlay? Somewhere else?????