Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
02-09-2009 05:01 PM
02-13-2009 04:25 PM
The icons shows to you which input language are you using, if you want to remove the icon you need to delete the additional language.
02-13-2009 04:31 PM
02-13-2009 04:59 PM
02-13-2009 05:38 PM
I figured out a solution that won't wipe your entire device, or have to go to a previous restore and lose current data.
You do need to have a backup of your blackberry on your pc before the Language display was shown. Connect to PC and go to Advanced options in the "backup/Restore" of your Desktop Manager. Open the backup file and find "input Method Switcher option" from the backup file and transfer that to your device. (it will restore just that option).
This worked for me, and hopefully it wasn't just a temporary solution
02-16-2009 11:58 AM
In doing this all your info that you need will be loaded back on to your handset but the annoying input language icon will have now been removed
09-25-2009 01:34 PM - edited 09-25-2009 02:39 PM
I had this same problem. I used this method and it works great.
1) Connect your blackberry to your computer and open desktop manager
2) Backup and Restore>Back up>save
3) Now disconnect your blackberry
4) Now you need to wipe your blackberry. Back to your blackberry.
5) Options>security options>general settings>services>wipe device. (Note: it asks if you want to
remove any third party applications. You can tell it no and this will still work)
6) Once your blackberry is wiped reconnect your blackberry and reopen desktop manager
7) Backup and Restore>Advanced>File>Open>select your backup>open
8) Now scroll down your backup’s list, find and delete ‘input method switcher options’.
9) Now select everything else on your backup’s list
10) Now press >> to transfer it to your blackberry.
11) A window will pop up telling you that the files will replace the files already on your blackberry.
Tell it yes.
12) Congratulations you no longer have to deal with the annoying language icon.