Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Large corporation with multiple Blackberry models, and overtime devices stop charging with USB charger.

[ Edited ]

We have account 800 Blackberries in our environment. We have models ranging from 9000 -9930. We have varies carriers all over the world. AT&T, Verizon, Optus, O2, and Rogers. Over the past 2 years devices have been randomly dying. The user will keep in on charger all night, and use it the next day and with 2 calls it's dead. We'll replace the battery than it goes back to normal for a month and start doing it again. Now I have noticed it with our brand new 9900, and 9930. They are all over a year old. And yes we could process them under warranty replacement, but something is going on with the way they are made. I've finally figured out we can only use authentic Blackberry chargers, however all the new phones are coming with the USB charger! They work for a while and then they stop.I need some help. We have 5 BES server, and it's happening in every region. This week I've had at least 6 issues like this.

Help!!

Desperate for a real working Blackberry charger!!!!

Halcyon

Removed personal information to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Large corporation with multiple Blackberry models, and overtime devices stop charging with USB charger.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Just so you are aware, this is a user-to-user community, not a channel for any formal communications with BlackBerry:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

If you have a corporate account of any kind, I'd recommend you seek help via that channel. If not, then it's up to each individual purchase location to provide any help.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Large corporation with multiple Blackberry models, and overtime devices stop charging with USB charger.

Thank yu for responding, but my thought process behind this post was to see if ANYONE is experience this issue.. and how they handle it. I have many dufferent user's and devices.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i have not seen this with my users

do you have SMS and BBM tracking enabled? that can affect battery life to a degree

do you use encryption?

are devices on latest OS version?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

I suggest you ask some of your users to try this :

during the night, turn the network off, and see if the battery depletes as fast.

It could be a running app that is buggy, for example the RSA SecurID token, or the email system not working properly.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: