Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Last night upgraded OS 7 to 7.1, STUCK NOW in Social Feeds, HELP please, the worst decision I've taken.

[ Edited ]

Hi. Last night the Icon to make the OS upgrade of my Bold 9930 appeared on my cellphone menu panel and I did it. My current SO is the 7 and it said was going to upgrade to the 7.1 version.  After it downloaded the 50 Mb file, it started to Backing Up the Data and since then, 6 or 8 hours ago, it is STUCK on the Social Feeds (3%). Since last night I don't have cellphone thanks to this "wonderful" OS update. I wish I hadn't made the stupid upgrade. So dissapointed with RIM and BB at this moment. My cellphone is indispensable to do my job, now I'm also STUCK. I have done everything to try to fix, at this moment I'm trying the update with the BB connected to my Laptop using the Blackberry Device Software, but it is STUCK too.

Is there something I can do ??? Any help is welcome!

One million thanks.

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Last night upgraded OS 7 to 7.1, STUCK NOW in Social Feeds, HELP please, the worst decision I've taken.

1. ALWAYS do your own backup of the handheld device before upgrading. Don't depend on the automatic backup, and I know, it's too late now to tell you that. RIM should have stated that clearly in the upgrade notification.

2. If it has been all night, just disconnect from the USB, and remove the battery for a minute, replace and see if it reboots on its own. If so, good.

3. If not, then now reconnect to the USB and to the Desktop Software and when you connect, it should begin the OS reload or finish the upgrade on it's on.

Please let us know.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Last night upgraded OS 7 to 7.1, STUCK NOW in Social Feeds, HELP please, the worst decision I've taken.

[ Edited ]

1. You are right, it is too late. The last successful backup I did was about October 2011, 4 month ago or more.

2. I already restarted it with out battery, without SIM card, with SD card, etc, in all ways possible and nothing worked.

3. When I connect the cellphone to the Desktop Software I starts the upgrade, but it also gets stuck during the backing up process (Social feeds).

So, my only option is to restart the upgrade without backing up ?? Is there a way to avoid this upgrade and restore it to how it was before.?

My Device: Cure 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

Will I lost my data if i updgrade OS 7 to OS 7.1 ?

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, you shouldn't.

With three Playbooks to upgrade, and upgrading 5-6x each in the past year, I've never lost data.

HOWEVER, it's not a bad idea to FIRST connect your Playbook to the USB to the PC and back it up using the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

Article ID: KB26134 How to backup data on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Cure 9360
My Carrier: Airtel

I will be doing it on 9360. Will I lost my email setting & data
New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: 27D01945

My phone keeps freezing and it said to be the OS 5 I need to update/upgrade plz help
New Contributor

My phone keeps freezing and it said to be the OS 5 I need to update/upgrade please help
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

thabi4mk wrote:
My phone keeps freezing and it said to be the OS 5 I need to update/upgrade please help

If you are using a Blackberry Curve 8520, it is not possible to upgrade it to OS6 as it can only be up to OS5. 

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

New Contributor

So how can I solve this freezing situation