Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Latest BB Update 6.0.0.526 deleted preloaded ringtones alerts notification sounds on my device

I really enjoy the new layout and functions of the software update, however I noticed that it deleted MOST of my standard bb notifications that come on the black berry.  Notifier Cricket, Relaxed Gong, etc.  There was probably 100 before and now there are less than 40.  Anyone else having this issue? Solutions?

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Latest BB Update 6.0.0.526 deleted preloaded ringtones alerts notification sounds on my device

Yeah, OS 6 replaced some of my favorite ringtones from OS 5.  There is a file that was posted on a forum somewhere called BlackBerry_Bold_Original_Ringt which, once downloaded, allowed you to put those ringtones back.

I can't remember which forum it was on and a search of this forum came up empty.  If you google it, you might find it on the 'net somewhere.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Latest BB Update 6.0.0.526 deleted preloaded ringtones alerts notification sounds on my device

the OS5 ringtones can be installed on an OS6 using the following link with the BlackBerry browser:

http://mobile.blackberry.com/resources/mbc/downloads/ringtones/drm/net_rim_bb_medialoader_ringtones_...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

thanks for the help, I am downloading it now. I am extremely unimpressed with this update though. A warning would have been nice. I had to explain to my boss why I wasn't answering texts, calls, or IMs, thanks to the complete reset of the ringtones. On the plus side, once you download the ringtones, all your ring settings go back to where they were.