Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Latest OS 6.0.0.526

Your cariier may require you to downgrade to their version before giving you support or warranty claim.

But if you llike to play then have some fun.

I had a few issues with OS 6 in the past. So to make it work everytime. I use loader.exe to install the new OS with these directions.

Manual device OS upgrade instructions:

1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

or

You can get 448 here from 3

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F00...

2. Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry.

3. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml."

5. This step is not needed use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup)

then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed)

6. remove internet connection to PC and reboot.

7. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file was in.

8. if you did Step 5, restore from back up.

enjoy the new OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.526

Could you let us know if you see any appreciable difference with this new OS?  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I will do that.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

AT&T doesn't have the .526 OS on their site as of yet, unfortunately.

Nevermind:  Wasn't there over the weekend, but it's there now.  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9800

I have updated my Blackberry Torch with this OS and now my battery goes dead in 6 hours. I could not speak with anyone in Blackberry support as they want to charge me a fee. This is very poor support service. I am going to downgrade my OS.

Wayne Rowlands

Elite II

Wayne, you just put a new brain in your phone.  It's not going to be running great right out of the gate.  I believe Frankenstein's monster was a bit groggy at first, too.

Your phone will require a day or two to get used to the new OS.  I, too, have upgraded to 6.0.0.526 and I have no concerns with my battery, so hang in there and give it a chance.

As for poor support, that is not the case.  Just as Ford contracts its support to the local Ford dealers, so too does RIM to the cellular carriers.  If you need any support for your phone, you just contact your carrier 24/7 and they fix it.  If they can't fix it, they're obligated to escalate your concern to RIM directly, at no cost to you.  In addition, RIM also hosts this peer-to-peer forum for additional support, so support for your phone is actually quite adequate.

If you have any additional concerns with your phone, please air them here.  It usually doesn't take long for someone to get back to you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9800

Dear Bill J,

I have contacted AT&T who is my subscriber. They told me that they do not know ANYTHING about the updates from RIMM. They do not know who to contact within RIMM regarding the battery problem and tod me that I needed to cotnact RIMM directly regarding any upgrades. I find this kind of service to be VERY poor. There is NO NUMBER to call at RIMM and AT&T is not in the loop.

Wayne Rowlands

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

On the contrary, Wayne, AT&T has this OS on their website now, so for them to tell you they know nothing of the update doesn't sound right.

Do you have the AT&T OS loaded onto your device?   If so, I'll recommend a couple of things to you.

1. Completely wipe your device and reinstall this .526 OS from AT&T.

2. Upgrade your OS to the latest official .534 version from Bell Mobility here.  I would also recommend a complete OS wipe in this case as well.

If you are unsure as to how to wipe your device, please post back and we'll provide you with instructions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

I did the OS upgrade. I am not sure what the changes were suppose to be. However, I found that my phone is now lagging and having battery problems as well. I thought perhaps that some of my third party software apps do not work well with the upgrade and I have one by one taken them off without success. I finally put a memory boost program that will clear my memory out automatically when it drops below a certain level. I notice it is resetting WAY too often which means something keeps bogging it down. This did not happen prior to the upgrade. I am very curious as to see if anyone else is having this problem with it slowing down and battery time shortened. I know with all the people out there with so many different variables that figuring out the right combination can be a challenge. I just want to narrow my options down to run smoothly. Does anyone actually know what the actual changes in this version were trying to address?

Elite II

@thesandman0321, battery life will often suffer after an OS upgrade.  This is quite common and should level off within a couple of days.  In the meantime, do regular battery pulls with your phone powered on.  I can't see much difference from the previous version I had installed, but I just like installing new versions to keep my installing skills sharp.  Smiley Happy