Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Latest OS 6.0.0.526

OK, so I've done multiple wipes of the phone, (with BBSAK), and loaded various OS (.570, .546).

Phone and battery drain is Normal after the OS is installed.
Proceed with Enterprise Activation ...
Still normal during Enterprise Activation ...
Still normal after Enterprise Activation ...

Reboot ...

Come back, and the PHONE app starts to CPU spike .. constantly at 90%+ ....

So now I can't blame it on any of the "new" apps that I've installed ..

it's the Enterprise Activiation!!

It did restore a lot of my settings .. even my Profile settings, Phone settings, Messages settings ...

is it in one of these (Phone) settings that It is causing this drain?
Is there any way I can stop the Phone settings from being pulled from the BES?

HELP!
:{
-Kor
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

after an os upgrade you go through an enterprise activation, i went through the same and after an hour or so it was finished. i had lots to sync back up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

I updated to the current software over the weekend. Let's just say I am NOT a happy camper!!!! Since updating, I'm unable to access my email accounts from the setup screen; and when I try to exit, my phone freezes unless I use the BB button to multitask and go back to the home screen. So I wiped everything today, thinking that may fix my issues.... NOPE! Now I don't have ANY emails on my device, as well as I can't access my BBM or Facebook apps because they're beta versions and I can't input my keycodes because I CAN'T GET MY EMAIL! Thanks Blackberry.... Let me just say this is unacceptable! And, as an employee of one of the major wireless companies in the U.S, this doesn't make BlackBerry look too hot.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

[ Edited ]

@kleej16,

Welcome to the forums.....

What you've described sounds like a known issue with the e-mail setup software.  The issue has been escalated to RIM and they are working on a resolution.

In the meantime, you can work around the issue with the following:

From your browser, go to mobile.blackberry.com.

Select your country of choice, then go to Communicate>Email.  Scroll down to Other Personal Email and click on Integrate Now, then Launch Email Setup.

You should be able to integrate your e-mail accounts that way until RIM has fixed the issue.

Also, there is a web-based client you can use for the same, depending on your carrier.  For instance, my carrier is AT&T, so the web-based address is att.blackberry.com to get to the e-mail setup.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've already tried going to att.blackberry.com ... doesn't work for me. I'll try the other fix and see if that works. Thanks.

New Contributor

I went through the steps on mobile.blackberry.com. i see all my emails there, but because I'm unable to access the email setup, none of my calendars are syncing... if I had my blackberry backed up on my computer, will it go back to the 695 software?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

yes you can downgrade and do a restore from your backup tha was made before upgrading your device. one sec with directions

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

directions are on the first page of this thread, please follow the the last part about restoring from backup.

Guru III
My Device:

restore from back up. Follow this KB if needed http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

I just installed updates to DM & apps, then did a backup, and then installed this OS yesterday. Everythng's working fine so far (minus losing some of my saved game data)... EXCEPT, I noticed that my camera no longer flips when I switch from vertical to horizontal mode & vice versa. Has anyone else had this prob?