Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Latest OS

OK, had to downgrade to version .486 in order for the battery drain to stop.

ah well.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Latest OS Blackberry freezing bad

Ok, so I just upgraded to the newest OS using my blackberry Desktop on my computer. And when I did that, after it rebooted and everything, it turned on and now it keeps on freezing, keeps on resetting itself, has the little clock all the time, even when I open my text messages. Smiley Sad it is lagging so bad! I have tried to restart it and turn it off over 10 times, and it still is not working. I am not sure if I am supposed to contact AT&T or RIM. I know if I contact AT&T they most likely will be no help to me. If any of you all on here could help me out, I would appreciate it. Also, I can not even see who is calling me, or who sends me a text message, it shows up, but it will take FOREVER to open it. I can make calls, but it is going REALLLY slow. I am new here, and if someone could help me that would be great! Thank you! 

Regular Contributor
My Device: blah

24hours later & a soft reset, the camera flip's working fine now.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Latest OS Blackberry freezing bad

I updated my software about a week or so ago and am having similar problems that others are having.  Notably the phone freezes for several minutes whenever I want to check something.  I have missed calls due to this, and I find it beyond frustrating.  Had no problems prior to this, nor have I had the level of frustration I am now experiencing and I have used blackberry for several years now.  I am unsure if I have .526, and need info to find out how to figure this out.

Also, since there seem to be a myriad of problems with the OS, several different issues within this thread, how do I know which fix I should try?

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

guess i just didnt look far enough into the threads. I'm having the exact same problems everyone else is here. freezing, hesitation on texts. resets and battery pulls arent working. no fun.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

OS has been released.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V