Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: Latest STABLE version of desk top software

It depends, when I installed 4.5 I was able to view You tube videos for example, but things that require flash player will not. So it just depends on what kind of videos you are wanting to play.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Classic- AT&T
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Jimbo

There seems to be no difference between 4.3 and 4.5 IF you do not have the Carrier version of 4.5 on your Curve.

I haven't tried the Video yet, but when I do, I will report it here. I am under the impression that when the carrier comes out with 4.5, we will be able to enjoy all the benefits of 4.5 Please verify

Message Edited by Writer on 07-23-2008 04:54 PM
Thanks,

Writer~
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

The 4.5 Handheld OS doesn't really unlock any function in DM 4.5. There is rumored to be an add-on for Desktop Manager 4.6 coming that will let you sych your iTunes with your BlackBerry. That software is said to require the OS 4.5.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I am using Desktop 4.5 and it runs smoothly, with one exception. When I backup my device, my home screen is blanked. I have to go to my pictures and reset my home screen. Any one else notice this quirk??
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Okay.  I think people are still getting the Desktop manager and the OS confused.  The original question was about the Desktop Manager.  The Desktop manager won't affect your phone's performance, only how it interacts with your computer and transfering data between the two.  The desktop manager has no way of improving or giving you the power to play video on your phone. That would be the software on your phone, not software on your computer.  I don't know anything about a new Operating System on the phone.  I still have the 4.3.0.127 on my Sprint Blackberry Curve 8330.  Questions about a new OS might be better place in a new thread to get better answers.

But, I have downloaded the DM 4.5.0 .  And it works great for me.  There were a couple of small differences.  One being that, since I have replaced both of my computers in the last year, they have VISTA.  And VISTA doesn't have OUTLOOK nor OUTLOOK EXPRESS.  It has WINDOWS MAIL and WINDOWS CONTACTS in its place. These and OUTLOOK, while similar are not interchangable.  And the DM v4.3 that came on the disc with my phone did not offer SYNC with WINDOWS CONTACTS.  The v4.5, however does and I was able to transfer the more than 200 contacts to my new phone with little to no hassle from WINDOWS CONTACTS.  The design of the DM v4.5 homepage is slightly different.  There were other minor differences.  ROXIO was still the same though on v4.5 and still not very good.

New Contributor

HOW CAN I POST MY PROBLEM

Excuse me. But how can I post my problem. I don´t find the way.

May you help me??

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: HOW CAN I POST MY PROBLEM

When you are looking at the list of threads that other people posted look above them and to the left that says "new message" click that and there you go.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Regular Contributor

As I understand it, your Home Screen Photo disappears when you either back up your device or Sync.

You must take the photo that you want for your home screen, and move it from the Media file to your "device" file, then set it for the Home screen. and it will still be on the Home screen after you sync or do a back up

Hope this helps

Thanks,

Writer~
New Contributor

Writer, When I try to move the photo from media to the blackberry device memory the following message appears: "File exceeds the maximum file size of the destination."
Regular Contributor

Hey RRob

Either you have  a large Photo for your home screen ,or you have too many other photos in the device memory. If the latter is true, then I suggest you delete some of the photos. Or each time you sync, you may have to re-select your favorite photo from your media card.

Thanks,

Writer~