Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Latest Software

RishSha wrote:

I dont have a BIS plan on my SIM . 

Ahh ! You should have told before , Updating our BlackBerry without an active BIS subscribtion is the toughest part .Now as you don't have an BIS in your account and in order to update your device you have to do all over again from the start .From your PC you have delete or remove anything related to RIM / BlackBerry  even you have to uninstall Desktop Software .Have to remove all internet connection and cable while doing this manual update .

first from your PC remove BlackBerry Desktop Software , also on your PC go to C : Drive and Search your program files folder and in common files and delete anything  related to BlackBerry / RIM . Download Desktop Software as well as the OS pack  but don't install and connect your Device until you disconnect your Internet Connections. 

Start all over again as suggested earlier just be sure to disconnect your Internet from that PC. 

RishSha wrote:

I purchased my device from retailer . So , no option of carrier OS downloading . Moreover my carrier does not have Bold 9900 on its list . 

Every BlackBerry Smartphone are sold by specifc Vendor , If you bought it from any retail store in India then I am 99.9 % sure that its a Redington's  Device .Or On your Homescreen press and hold  alt  + aA^ + H , it will pop up a screen , look for VENDOR ID = ? 

RishSha wrote:

. And lastly , I found the second 'vendor.xml' file and deleted it but the same scene is happening again . Suggest me what to do .

Try as I suggested Or use a SIM which has an active BIS or Call IDEA and simply Activate BIS for a month and do this Update. Which you can Unsubscribe or deactivate later on . 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor
My Device: 2012 & Bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea

If I update without a BIS , will there be any problem ? I own an Iphone5 too and got the internet services activated on that phone. I have BB just because I really like it and I need two phones anytime. Has this method been tried before ie updating without BIS ? Sorry to ask same questions over and over again .
Elite II

RishSha wrote:
If I update without a BIS , will there be any problem ?

Hi RisSha

No there will be no problem at all but most important , without an active BlackBerry Subscribtion you have to try hard to update your device OS , You may not get success on just one attempt .Had to try again and again .

RishSha wrote:
I own an Iphone5 too and got the internet services activated on that phone. I have BB just because I really like it and I need two phones anytime. 

Then I suggest you should activate BIS for atleast a month and feel the difference ! You're going to love your BlackBerry even more as compared to your iphone , for its instant email notification , BBM etc. and that is for sure Smiley Happy

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

Thnx. I'll try it and let you know.
Contributor

I'll certainly get the BIS activated today itself.
Highlighted
Elite II

RishSha wrote:
I'll certainly get the BIS activated today itself.

Hey RishSha 

That's wonderful ! If you're going to activate it then please wait till then , once you Got BIS , the first method that I suggested will work Seamlessly without any trouble Smiley Happy

Good luck.