Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 2012 & Bold 9900
My Carrier: Idea
Accepted Solution

Latest Software

Can anyone tell me what is the latest software for Blackberry Bold 9900 ? My 9900 has 7.0 Bundle 1346(v7.0.0.261, Platform 5.0.0.464) .

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: Latest Software

Hello RishSha

Device Software depends on each Carrier , Our  Carrier test those OS packs and then release them to there customers , You can locate your Carrier here BlackBerry Software Download Site  to know the recent OS available for your device model . But you're free to use other Carrier OS packs also .FYI , most Carriers have released 7.1 for BlackBerry Bold 9900.

Do let us know if you need any help or have any queries.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I have MTNL dolphin as my carrier . Has it released this new version as I tried to update through a desktop but a message flashed on my desktop that 'There is no new version available' , 'You Blackberry is up-to-date' . I did all this through computer internet . Shall I try Updating the phone on its own ie by disconnecting it from desktop .

Elite II

RishSha wrote:

Shall I try Updating the phone on its own ie by disconnecting it from desktop .

Hi RishSha

Its my personal opinion that never perform an On Device Software Update Over the Air, you can also try an Manual update process which is rather more convenient and more safe. To do that just follow those simple steps :

1.Locate your Carrier and Download the OS you desire from here  BlackBerry Software Download Site

• (make sure you are downloading for the same model as you have )

2. Now Double Click  on the file that you Downloaded to Install it on your PC

3. Download and install the latest BlackBerry desktop software from here BlackBerry desktop software

• Then using desktop software perform your full backup of your device.

4.Search your C: Drive for any Vendor.xml files and delete them, there may be one or two Vendor.Xml ( On your PC change your folders option to show hidden files / folders ) The location may be  :

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\Windows UserName\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5. Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. (For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7, the path       will be C: > Program Files x86 > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader) double click Loader.exe

Upgrade will continue then After Installation of New OS restore your backup using BlackBerry desktop

Software.

Try it and let us know if you feel any problem .

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Contributor

I tried the link which you gave me but to my astonishment , MTNL doesnt even have Bold 9900 in there list . And the latest software which it is showing is 6.1 . What shouls I do now ?

Contributor

But in 'vodafone essar' and 'aircel' BB 9900 is present with the latest software . Can I download it from there ?

Elite II

Hi RishSha

You're using a MTNL SIM card right ! Did you bought your device from them or from a BlackBerry Retail Store ? If you're having problem then you can use this Carrier Software Download for Redington (India) Limited .

Contributor

I bought it from a retailer . Does it many any difference ?

Elite II

Hello RishSha

Then Obviously its a Redington device , you can use the link I given above.

Try it and let us know.

Contributor

If I use the steps you have told me , is there any chance that some glitch can occur in the phone . I mean , is this a tried n tested method . Also , if the update fails , will the phone die or keep running on older OS ?