Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Latest version of Blackberry Desktop software

I am trying to determine if version 4.3.0.15 (Aug. 15, 2007) is the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop software. I am running Vista and Outlook 2007 and cannot synchronize my mail between the Blackberry and Outlook. I am only able to update my calendar and contacts by doing a one-way sync from the destop to the Blackberry. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: Latest version of Blackberry Desktop software

Hi claireward

Desktop Software 4.5 is the latest version - you can download it here.  The Desktop Software does not synchronize email.  To get email on your BlackBerry you need to go to email settings on your device or log into your BIS account through your carrier BIS page. 

You should be able to  a two way sync for calendar, contacts, memos and tasks, if the two way sync is not working please specify what is happening.

Cheers!

New Contributor

Having the same problem.  I have used 4.3 and 4.5 and getting the same issue.  Vista (Ultima) and Outlook 2007 seem to be having issues.  When I turn off the calendar in the sync it runs though.  When I turn on the calendar it fails.  when I leave just the calendar on in the sync it fails.  Seems to be a sync issue with the calendar.  I haven't tried a one way sync as of yet.

Windows isn't actually giving me any error messages other than "BlackBerry Desktop Manager has stopped working".  I can tell you that it reads from Outlooks calendar then it starts to process the device calendar and right at the start is when it fails.  The message on the "Sync progress" screen is "Processing Device Calendar".

I am assuming right now it is something due to the OS and not the phone.  Originally I had used XP and Outlook 2003 with 4.3 software and had no issues.

New Contributor

Figured it out but not sure how to tell people how to fix it, other than to say that my calendar on the device was corrupted.

Maybe RIM should look at the data and decide if it is corrupted before the sync and telling us, rather than just crashing during the sync.

How did you figure out your calendar was corrupt? Any advice? I did install the latest version but am still only able to do a one way sync. Thanks everyone....
Contributor
My Device: BB 9930 v7.0.0.374, Platform 5.0.0.552
My Carrier: Verizon

Same problem, sync fails during calendar operation.  Any solutions yet?

Sorry no solutions yet!

Claire 

Trusted Contributor

Hello

To fix a corrupt BlackBerry calendar, do the following in desktop manager:  **This will erase all calendar entries from the BlackBerry

Back up device - backup/restore, back up

Clear calendar database - backup/restore, advanced.  On the right hand side under Device Databases highlight the calendar, calendar all and calendar options database and click clear at the bottom of window then ok through the warning window.  When its done, shut down Desktop Manager, unplug BlackBerry and take the battery out for 30 seconds and put it back in.

If this fixes the issue, do not restore the back up as it will have the corrupt calendar information in it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

After reading though this thread again, it seems I misunderstood part of it, my apologies. I dont think it is a corrupt calendar as you can sync from pc to the bb with no issues. Perhaps simply deleting the intellisync folder would help. Try this KB and see how it works:

How to delete the Intellisync folder if synchronization is unsuccessful

It could also be an issue with your mail profile. You could create a new profile that points to your pst and set the desktop manager to sync with that. If deleting the intellisync folder doesn't do it for you, i can give you more detailed instructions on how to do this so please post the version of outlook you have and your version of windows.

Cheers!

Message Edited by Bolder on 07-16-2008 10:42 AM

Thanks I'll give that a try....