Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Leaked OS 1.4.7.0148

[ Edited ]

And once again here we have another unofficial OS for Blackberry storm 9530.  Leaked OS 1.4.7.0148  

EDIT: Removed link.

Message Edited by MohA on 05-21-2009 01:15 PM
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Leaked OS 1.4.7.0148

In the future, one thread is enough.  The link is not permitted on the official site for good reason.  If this goes official, then we can link to the official OS as much as we like, but not unofficial leaks.  Thanks!

P.S. If you can remove the link yourself that would be appreciated.  People can find it easy enough if they so choose.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I apologize, this is my first time posting a thread on this website. The reazon why i posted it twice was because i was missing a point after the zero on the OS version. I thought there was no problem when posting unofficial OS on this site because i have read many threads about unoffical OS on this website. Thanks for the advise thou
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Please note that RIM does not allow RIM software mirroring.

There are some legal issues with this regarding license agreements and so on.

Several months ago I helped a user uploading Java Development Environment to megaupload.com to let him download it without problems.

I get a notice from forum admins and asked to remove the uploaded software from the third-party server.

My posting with links to the uploaded software on the forum was removed by the admins.

I removed the uploaded RIM software.

Elite I

[ Edited ]

Hey efer1221, thanks for being understanding!

Another reason why is because this isn't an official release and thus, there's no official support for it either.  Basically, seeing as we're on the official BlackBerry forums, it doesn't really look good to post unofficial leaks! Smiley Happy

There have been times in the past where people upgraded to unofficial OSes, then they start getting mad because of the problems, so they come here with their complaints, but in all reality, because it's an unofficial leak, they installed at their own risk and they should have known that there may have been problems.  RIM and the carriers only support official releases, so...  Now then, those of us on the forums will gladly help where we can anyhow, so if you install and then have questions, we'll do what we can to help!

Thanks for being understanding!

And here's to hoping that this one becomes official!  Preliminary findings do seem to suggest it's a decent one, but who's to say what Verizon may or may not do.  Smiley Happy

Welcome to the forums, and we're looking forward to seeing more of you... we'll just leave the links off!  Smiley Happy

(If you'd like to remove the links yourself to save the moderators the hassle, you can use the Options button at the top of the post to edit the link back out - this also allows you to edit the title, which is a great way to avoid posting multiple posts Smiley Happy.  If you'd like to replace it with a simple direction to Google it, that's fine Smiley Happy).

Message Edited by Krypto on 05-21-2009 01:01 AM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

okay now, but what about the interesting thing !

what's the changelog compared to 4.7.0.122 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

I'm going to be watching 148 closely...I talked with my IT folks and we've agreed that the benefit of me being "control" and staying behind on .75 has abated. So, if 148 looks good, I might be taking that plunge...

<lurking for all info about 148...>  Smiley Tongue

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite I

sdgardne, will post findings for you tonight. Xandrex, I've seen part of the changelog from .141-.148 but not from .122. I did find out that one of the big problems Verizon had with .122 though was mms (which Telus and Bell don't use). Basically though, its fairly similar to .122, just a hint faster for some things (browser, camera, maybe a little faster boot time). Will post more when I get home from the lab tonight.

Elite I

[ Edited ]

Ok, now that I'm back home and typing this on my computer and not my Storm, here is the requested information.

4.7.0.148 is a much faster OS than the original 4.7.0.75 that came on Verizon Storms.  Key areas of improvement are as follows:

• Better accelerator
  • Improved scrolling speeds
  • Much faster browser
  • Much faster & improved camera
  • Better battery life (although not by a huge amount)
  • No problem with media playback (just ran music playback for 2 straight hours this afternoon and received a phone call in the middle - worked exactly as it was supposed to).
  • Much higher memory levels - initial boot after installing my apps was 46MB.  With my original OS (4.7.0.76 I believe I had around 28MB - mind you, I've also cut out a couple of MB stuff I don't use).  I can't say if memory maintenance is better, but mine settles down in the 20s.
  • Full QWERTY keyboard in portrait mode

New additions:

• Lock functions as it's supposed to.  When you press the lock button, the screen locks and when the screen turns off, it stays off so that you don't accidentally turn it on just by clicking the screen (thus saving valuable battery life).
  • When in the Storm sync dock, if you receive a call, the speakerphone comes on when you answer the call.  This is how it is supposed to function, but there were problems with either .122 or .132 and I had intermittent problems with the original OS.
  • Random reboots are gone.  The phone will still freeze periodically with certain applications, but wait a couple of seconds and it's back.

These are the main things I'm noticing over the original.

Comparing to the official 4.7.0.122 release for Telus and Bell, there is still an improvement, but it's not huge.  The OS is a little faster (not a big difference though), the browser is a hint faster, and the camera is noticably faster.  There is a hint more memory, but not really noticable (less than 1MB).  Maybe mms is fixed????

That's what I've noticed anyhow!  Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Krypto on 05-23-2009 01:17 PM

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

on .122 I was happy to have the true "lock screen" feature that was not available on .75. Is it still available on .148 ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: