Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

Led light

Is't normal for the BB that sometimes, whenever i received a notification the led light is not responding, and sometimes over a period of time it stops on blinking. Is't normal?
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Led light

Yes, that is normal. It is set to time out after a certain period of time. The LED only flashes for the events you have it set to notify for under Sounds/Profiles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9220
My Carrier: Globe

But sometimes whenever i got an SMS/BBM it doesn't light up. Does it still normal? Thank you.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

As long as it's set up in your Sounds/Profiles to notify you with the LED then it should notify you. That said, once in a while I've had it not stop flashing when I read the message.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!