Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

License Key for Storm Slots from Appworld.

I purchased Storm Slots and was happily playing the game. It has an option where you can bacnk your winnings and then retrieve them at a future date. Well I did just that. Before retrieving them, I had re-installed the operating system on my Storm and had to reload the application using the BlackBerry manager's backup/restore process. Everything was working just great. I was able to go back into Storm Slots and start playing again. Then I remembered that I could retrieve my score/winnings. So I clicked on that in the menus and it popped up a message indicating that the retrieval worked and that I needed to restart the program. Clicking "OK" caused an exit. So then I clicked on the app again to restart and now it is asking me to either enter a registration code or purchase the product. I already purchased the product and was never given any kind of license code. It just worked after I downloaded it. I've tried going into MyWorld and it is listed there. But there isn't any license code listed. If I click on it in MyWorld, it open a menu that shows things like Trial, Purchase, and Upgrade.

How can I find out what my registration code is when I never ever received it? I've tried emailing the developer, David Grant, and have not received any response from him and it has been at least a week.  Have I wasted my money? This surely does not bode well for AppWorld as I am completely hesitant to spend any more of my money there

New Contributor

Re: License Key for Storm Slots from Appworld.

I also wanted to say that when I look at MyWorld, I see that there is an update available for this application. And that to get the update, I would need to PURCHASE it again! It says that I've installed version 2.9.9.0 and that it is now at 3.2.1.0. I don't know what he could have changed to jump up that much in the versions in just a few short weeks. It might explain why I have had any response from him concerning getting my copy running.
New Contributor

BUMP!!!

Nothing? No one?

Try uninstalling the app and following this article:

http://btsc/btsc/microsites/microsite.do?cmd=displayKC&externalId=KB17862

No guarantee that your banked winnings will still be there though.