10-31-2010 08:31 AM - edited 10-31-2010 09:34 AM
Hi Guys, New to the forums as well but I got my first BB two years ago so thought i'd start posting!
Any ways, i'm actually having the same issue tas the the above post. If I allow the Blackberry to automatically turn off the timeout the keyboard lights turn off but the four (call start, menu key, return key and call end/power off) lights don't turn off. They only way to manually turn them off is to lock the phone using the top left key. Not sure why this is the case but I've just noticed that in the past few days.
I noticed the same comment on another forum with no response...i'm sure there must be more people?
UPDATE: Problem Solved!
I just fiddled with my BlackBerry and I seemed to have solved the problem (by luck I'm assuming but it works Okay now)
This is what i did:
First a Background - I orginally had a Blackberry Bold 9000 and changed to a 9800 after about 2 years so for some reason when I was using App World it would say Facebook, MSN Messenger (Windows Live) and Blackberry Messenger were uninstalled even though they were installed so that was one problem. I also migrated my service books from my Bold 9000 to my 9800 because my carrier doesn't have the proper service books so that "may" have contributed to the problem , I'm not sure...just setting the environment
1) I initially re-downloaded all the apps listed as uninstalled that I wanted and were previously installed and rebooted
2) Downloaded the USB and Modem drivers for my Blackberry from the Blackberry Website and installed them
3) Re-sync'ed' my BB with desktop Manager after resetting the settings on the DM 6.0(Calendar, Contacts etc.)
4) went back to App World and did a reset of App world
5) Changed my Backlight settings from 100% to 50%
6) Rebooted my phone (Battery Pull)
amd Voila! Problem Solved, I don't have to manually lock it for the back light to turn off.
Hope this helps you too!