Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Limited Outlook Notes Field in Torch 9800

When I synchronise my Desktop with my devise I am loosing Outlook notes because the notes field in my Torch is limited.  So if I have extended my notes in outlook and then synchronise at the end of the day, I loose part of the notes I have written because the notes field in the torch wont accept them.

Can the notes field in the Torch be extended?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Limited Outlook Notes Field in Torch 9800

Article ID: KB13255

When synchronizing an Address Book contact that contains a large note, the information contained in the Notes field may be truncated on the BlackBerry smartphone. The Notes field for an Address Book contact has a character limit of 4 KB (approximately 4048 characters).

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Hi knotty,

Thanks' for your prompt response to my enquiry. It appears I need to shorten my notes in Outlook to resolve this frustrating limitation.

Regards,

Brian

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know some that keep the most important ones on top and let the older ones be hidden/truncated on the bottom.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

Knotty,

Thanks for your further comments.

Yes, I already enter new notes at the top of the notes page and the older ones at the bottom get deleted when I do the synchronisation much to my disgussed.

There are times when I need to go back further only to find the notes have been deleted.

Still thats life with Outlook Notes.

I have started to use Salesforce in the cloud but this doesnt synchronise with my BlackBerry.