Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Line 1 and Line 2

In the profiles>advanced screen it has a listing for my phone number and also another phone number, a 10 digit number starting with 6 zeros. This other line also shows up as line 2 when I select dial voicemail. Why is this other line there and how can I remove it?

Re: Line 1 and Line 2

jblack:  I don't know how to remove it from the choices.  I just know that I'd sure like to make it impossible to accidently switch active.  I'm new to BB (had Treo) and have been unable to call twice due to it somehow getting switched from line 1 to line 2 accidently.  Both times, I've had to use another phone to get assistance in figuring out the problem because the BB on phone help system was less than helpful.  Now I've suffered enough to have the solution firmly entrenched; but Blackberry should research how often the two lines are used vs. the problems it causes.  I like the two line option; but they need to handle the selection / setup much better or make it easier for neophytes like me to figure out how to lock out the unused line (or better yet - have it locked out by default so only those that use it and unlock it have it popping up).  Jeff
Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

jblack wrote:
In the profiles>advanced screen it has a listing for my phone number and also another phone number, a 10 digit number starting with 6 zeros. This other line also shows up as line 2 when I select dial voicemail. Why is this other line there and how can I remove it?

Can you please type out the steps to get to the screen your are mentioning.  Also who is your wireless carrier?  This have narrow down the problem.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.

I have the same problem and would simply like to remove "Line 2" as I do not need it AND it has caused me to miss important calls, rerouted email, etc. because it somehow gets switched over to Line 2 as the "active" line - and I'm not aware of it.  We need someone to provide instruction on how to simply remove Line 2 for those of us who do not need it.  Everytime I check voicemail, I'm prompted to select Line 1 or Line 2 and it is becoming more and more annoying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi are you talking about OPTIONS - VOICEMAIL?

The first line is the voicemail number the second is your passcode.

Please let me know what option and category you are in.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

The easiest way to see the problem, on my phone anyway, is when you try to call voicemail (to check it), I am prompted with 2 lines from which to choose (Line 1 or Line 2) before the phone dials out.  I simply do not want or need an option there, I just want to click "call voice mail" and have it call immediately.   If you accidentally hit Line 2 (very easy with the quirky trackball, than Line 2 becomes the active line and you cannot call voicemail, receive email, etc... UNTIL you locate the menu where you change the "Active line" back to Line 1.  Very annoying and time consuming....

I've looked and looked throughout the phone and know how to change which line is "active" but I just want Line 2 gone.  The word "line" in this case seems to be equivalent to a phone number - as if there were 2 phone numbers that could be used for this phone.  "Line 2" represents a second number that makes no sense (a lot of zeros) and nothing that I or my company entered into the phone.  I want to erase, delete, remove, eradicate this second number option.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

In OPTIONS SMART DIALING DO YOU HAVE ANY CHARACTRAS LISTED IN ACCESS EXTENSION?

2 options. One do a batter pull while the phone is ON, leave I for a minute,

replace let the phone initialize 1-3 minutes. See if it is gone.

Two, Call carrier and see if your phone is Provisioned for two lines.

Please let me know,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Any answers from the carrier why this is happening?  I have asked my Telus rep why some of our 8330 units have 2 lines, and why some have just one.

Hey everyone.

just go to call log roll over the line 2 number at the top, hit menu and you can edit it from there!

Regular Contributor

Ok, but that doesn't let you delete Line 2.  All it does is let you edit the label "Line 2" to call it something else.  We want to know how you can delete Line 2 completely so that we can't accidentally change the line from Line 1 to Line 2 and miss calls, not receive TXTs or Emails.