Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: T-Mobile Hungary
Accepted Solution

LinkedIn application

Hi, I have the BB 8520 model and I have been using the LinkedIn application for some time. However, it stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I uninstalled the application and tried to reinstall it but then it says that the appplication is not supported by my BB model. How is that possible when I had already used it before? What shpould I do?

Thanks,

Reka

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: LinkedIn application

hello,

are you referring to this app ?
https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/7605/

if so, usually the entire models list is displayed in the right column, in the "Supported devices" section. There are plenty of devices, but not the 8520, and there is a device named "BlackBerry All" which is not normal.

I suspect there was an error when LinkedIn published their app on the AppWorld.

I strongly advise you to contact them, the special email is displayed in the same right column on that page.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: LinkedIn application

okay so I just re-read on that page the Full description. It is explicitely noted that OS6 or above is now required, and your device is a 8520.

On your 8520, the highest OS that can be installed is OS5. and I think the version of the LinkedIN app you had was version 1.5, that is not supported anymore by LinkedIN.

So this is the explanation. I still think that you can express to linkedin your dissatisfaction.

I am quite surprised because there are still a lot of BlackBerry users who still have an OS5 device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: