Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Linking Online Diary to Phone

Hi,

Our company uses software company Lex to enter our diary entries for us. I want to be able to receive the diary entries on my phone. Lex has set up a sync from their end and said that the diary entries should show. They do not. They said that I need to set the account up on my phone. How do I do this?

The linked email address is set up on my phone, I think it is an outlook account. Diary entries are not linked to that account though. 

On another note, the emails to that outlook account do not come through to my phone immediately and sometimes take up to 10 minutes. Is there anything I can do to speed this up to immediate syncing as it does with my hotmail account or is it simply the rate at which the blackberry checks for new emails?

Not very techno savvy I'm afraid so bear with me!

Thanks!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Linking Online Diary to Phone

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Wireless Calendar Synchronization is limited to a very few services...please review this:

• KB00561 How to configure wireless calendar synchronization on a BlackBerry smartphone

As it states, if you follow the instructions but are not offered calendar sync, then the service you are using is not compatible.

If your Lex folks are offering BES, then that would be different, and you would need to a) upgrade your plan from your mobile service provider to include BES and b) have the Lex folks activate your BB on their BES. You will probably need to ask them this question quite specifically.

laurenseager wrote:

The linked email address is set up on my phone, I think it is an outlook account. Diary entries are not linked to that account though. 

If, by that, you mean Outlook Web Access, then indeed OWA is not capable of enabling wireless calendar sync with a BB.

laurenseager wrote:

On another note, the emails to that outlook account do not come through to my phone immediately and sometimes take up to 10 minutes. Is there anything I can do to speed this up to immediate syncing as it does with my hotmail account or is it simply the rate at which the blackberry checks for new emails?

You cannot change this:

• KB13374 Delayed email message delivery to the BlackBerry smartphone

Some email servers are capable of "PUSH", as documented in that KB.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................