Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Linking to Internet with Blackberry 8330

I recently purchased a BB 8330 and upgraded my cell plan so that I can use the BB modem to access the internet on my laptop when traveling.  However, I can't find instructions on how to do so.  Can anyone tell me how to make this work?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Linking to Internet with Blackberry 8330

You didn't specify your OS on the PC !

this is for a Mac:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05196&sliceId=SAL_Public&dialogID=1114305&stateId=1%200%201132277

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor

Sorry.  OS is Vista.
Guru I

Here you go!

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05196&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

Both were found using the search box on the upper lefthand corner of the main screen!

If you need more assistance please ask!

If this answers your question please resolve the thread using the options over the Kudo's star.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

Thanks for your help.  I've finally got it working.  As an FYI for anyone having a similar problem, I used the instructions from the link you provided but when I got to the step where you need the APN, I searched for the APN for Alltel and found another Blackberry forum with similar instructions.  Someone on that thread stated that no APN is needed for Alltel so I skipped those steps.  The key is that on the Blackberry desktop Manager, you have to set your connection to "none" before you connect or it won't dial.

Anyway, I got it working.  Thanks again for your quick response and the pointers you offered.

Guru I

Great!

I'm going to bookmark this so we have the APN note.

Thanks!