Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Links stop working

Hi,

I've been experiencing a problem on and off for several months now: On certain web pages, usually ones with forms and clickable links, links (and form elements themselves) become unselectable and unclickable. In some cases, it seems totally random, while in others it's very consistent. Also, the pointer becomes greyed out as if it's no longer active. I've searched both the web and these forums, and there seem to be many similar issues--most of which are "resolved" by clearing the cache and popping the battery. But this is not acceptable when I have to clear the cache and pop the battery every five minutes while trying to view web pages which exhibit this problem. Is there another solution, or any way (without purchasing support options) to"report" what appears to be a genuine bug in the browser?

Here's a sample of a web page from my private server which _always_ exhibits this problem except on the _first_ page load after a reset (it loads ok the first time, but then stops working again once I start using it and load other pages):

-- FRAMESET page --

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Frameset//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/frameset.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>Sample Page -- BlackBerry Issue</title> </head> <frameset cols="25%,*"> <frame name="topnavmenu" src="topnavbar.html" /> <frame name="maincontent" src="maincontent.html" /> <noframes> <body>Your browser is not capable of displaying frames.</body> </noframes> </frameset> </html>

-- Top Navigation Bar Page --

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>NavBar</title> </head> <body> <form name="LoadPage" action="load_page.cgi" method="get" target="maincontent"><input name="LoadURL" type="text" /><input type="submit" value="Load" /><input type="reset" /></form> <a href="qlinks.html" target="maincontent">Quick Links</a> </body> </html>

-- Main Content Page --

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"> <html> <head> <title>Main Content</title> </head> <body> <p>Main content (page loads) go here..</p> </body> </html>

I suspect the problem is related to frames.. Loading the top navbar directly always seems to work (but I only tried it a few times). Also, when the links stop working, they all stop working in all frames, as well as any form inputs, etc. The page basically becomes completely static.

Thanks in advance for any help.

My Device: BOLD 97700
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Links stop working

Hello - just to confirm that I have exactly the same problem except that clearing the cache or popping the battery out does not fix the issue in my case.

Can't wait to have BB show some respect to their customers by demonstarting at least some interest in their numerous SW issues; I love the the H/W, and positively hate the S/W - notably de new, lousy, bloated and buggy desktop S/W.

Anybody has a fix on the navigation/mouse issue?

Thanks