Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Links to Documents on Media Card

I have a new Bold and I have some HTML documents I have saved to the media card. They are documents I would like to be able to quickly display. Ideally I would like to create my own folder on the Home page which contains links to these documents, or create bookmarks in the browser to these files on the media card.Lin

Anyone have any idea how I can do that?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Links to Documents on Media Card

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I think the easiest would be to save the HTML documents on the PC as jpg files. Move them to the BB via USB to

the media card. Then setup as a slide show using the media manager. You could show them quickly, and if you keep a copy of the HTML docs on the media card, You can does to go to email then out.

You could do this through Docs to go slides, but I do not know the capabilities (how powerful) slides

is.

As far as linking to them through a folder, the media card is has no identifier. It's not like the PC where you can

specify a drive letter. The same problem would exist with the browser bookmarks.

Can that work for you? What do you think?

Thanks

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Developer
My Device: 9000, 9780, 9900

In the browser you can go to URLs of the form:

file:///SDCard/BlackBerry/documents/myfile.html

Feel free to add Kudos if this is useful and/or solves your problem!

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Great Post!

Thanks for the info.

Got it Bookmaked!

Kudos,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, it worked.  

One last question:  any way to add a user defined folder to the home page and put links in that folder to these documents?

Kudos 

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: 9000, 9780, 9900

You can add folders to the bookmarks view (which I use as my home page).  When you add a new bookmark, where you select which folder - if you go to the full menu one of the options is to add a new folder.