Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

LiveStrong Calorie counter won't install

I tried to purchase the LiveStrong Calorie Counter app

I entered my Paypal login details and it started the transaction but then it failed at some point.

I got receipts from Blackberryappworld and from Paypal saying I'd been charged $2.99

The listing for the app is in "my app world" but it says its not installed.

When I tried to reinstall it started then stopped with
an error message saying it couldn't connect to the app store and to try again later.

My connection is fine, I can make calls and surf the web (including the app store) no problem.

I tried it multiple times (via wireless and via wi-fi) with the same result.

Now when I go to my app world it's no longer listed so I can't even attempt another install.

This is my first purchase on App World and so far I'm not very impressed at all.

Deedle - Blackberry Bold on Rogers

PS. I previously installed a free app with no problem.

What's the solution? I don't want to pay again.

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: LiveStrong Calorie counter won't install

I had the exact same problem as you Deedle. I sent an e-mail to StoreFrontManager@rim.com asking if there was anything that could be done so I didn't have to shell out another $2.99. I received this response back a couple of minutes later...

A new App World client is coming out possibly tonight that will remedy the ‘Purchased but missing’ applications in My World. I apologize for the inconvenience, Ryan

BlackBerry App World Team

So I guess I'll sit and wait until to tomorrow to see if I can get the app again. Nothing like three versions of AW in three days. Highly annoying.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: LiveStrong Calorie counter won't install

Thanks for that indyirish. Still no word from rim but I'll wait for the new version like you said and try again.

I just checked and I have version 1.0.0.26 of App World