Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Loading HTML with javascript from SDCard

Hi - my first post so please be kindSmiley Wink

My handset is a BES connected 8100 running v4.2.1.66.

I've only recently discovered how to load files from the local media card using the file:///SDCard/example.html semantics, but I'm very frustrated I cannot seem to load scripts embedded in these files, that will load and run normally when the file is retrieved using http.

Is there some magic extension I need to give my files to enable processing of scripts from local files?  I've tried the obvious file extensions without luck (htm, html, wml, jsp, asp).

It seems to me that for local files the handset is setting the MIME type from the extension alone, given the error you get when you load a file with an unknown extension - "The returned page had no content type, and therefore cannot be processed."

Can anybody help me shed any light on this behavior and how to get around my lack of javascript on locally loaded files?

Feel free to slap me if this is a know bug in the software I'm running, or has been answered 50 times.

Many thanks; Andrew.

New Contributor

Re: Loading HTML with javascript from SDCard

[ Edited ]

Hi ,

I am new to the blackberry user. May i know where to save the html file in RIM? Then how can we see the file in blackberry?

Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

Re: Loading HTML with javascript from SDCard

[ Edited ]

Under which folder we can put the html and javascript files. I have installed balackberry sdk4.6(i.e;

Research In Motion\BlackBerry JDE 4.6.1).

Objective:To open and see a local html file  in blackberry browser.